Fiat Coupe Club UK

Fiat Coupe CarPc carputer ??

Posted By: Anonymous

Fiat Coupe CarPc carputer ?? - 17/12/2010 00:21

Looks mad, but the guy claims all functions work?

Any comments from you boffins?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGgx3_qCJyg&feature=related
Posted By: alexjames

Re: Fiat Coupe CarPc carputer ?? - 17/12/2010 08:35

Repost.

Bluddy good I think though
Posted By: MarioCirillo

Re: Fiat Coupe CarPc carputer ?? - 17/12/2010 08:54

Yep been posted a few times... personally i dont like it. I appriciate the technology however its not practical and is actually harder to use than the actual original dials.

I plan to make something like this it will be in situe in the lower part of the center console

click to enlarge

.: Click Here For Thread :.
Posted By: came2dance

Re: Fiat Coupe CarPc carputer ?? - 17/12/2010 09:43

Has he just blue tacked an i-pad onto the dash crazy

Re: Fiat Coupe CarPc carputer ?? - 17/12/2010 11:29

Originally Posted By: MarioCirillo

I plan to make something like this it will be in situe in the lower part of the center console

click to enlarge

Thats looks cool, but where did you get the gear gaitor and cool looking gearstick?

Re: Fiat Coupe CarPc carputer ?? - 17/12/2010 19:40

I had a car pc for a while, personally wouldnt bother. Fine once it gets going but like anything windows based takes a while to start and suffers from virus/blue screen etc. it was an arse ache.

Re: Fiat Coupe CarPc carputer ?? - 18/12/2010 01:37

Originally Posted By: Nazo
Originally Posted By: MarioCirillo

click to enlarge

Thats looks cool, but where did you get the gear gaitor and cool looking gearstick?

unfortunatly thats not my car so cant really help its a picture i found on the tinterweb

Re: Fiat Coupe CarPc carputer ?? - 18/12/2010 13:04

you cheeky so and so.. you nearly got me going..

Would be an interesting GB though, what you think?

Re: Fiat Coupe CarPc carputer ?? - 18/12/2010 16:18

I did a carputer in my coupe
I removed the clock and moved the centre buttons down to where the ash tray was.
The 8" touchscreen was fitted up high and was therefore very practical but the fibre glass work was my first and therefore not the best, but hey most people on here are perfectionist.
I'm not goon to put it into the new one so all the parts are up for grab if your free obe

Re: Fiat Coupe CarPc carputer ?? - 19/12/2010 13:08

Any pics Karl?

Im looking at purchasing this after spa:
http://www.jvc.eu/kw-nt1/index.html

I plan to fit it in the same place as the pic above. I have a spare center and lower console to get all the cutting and fiberglass work dne off the car

Re: Fiat Coupe CarPc carputer ?? - 19/12/2010 23:21

imo what your buying is going to better then any windows typical pc.

Ilike the look of the one above just not keen on the location as its not in line of sight or easy to use.

The coupe dash just doesn't suit a touchscreen
Posted By: Sedicivalvole

Re: Fiat Coupe CarPc carputer ?? - 20/12/2010 08:02

That is one of the first touch screen implementations I could almost live with. Nice reuse of the controls.

Re: Fiat Coupe CarPc carputer ?? - 20/12/2010 10:28

I have one of the smaller jvc units with a screen. Very good kit.

Re: Fiat Coupe CarPc carputer ?? - 11/01/2011 22:20

I did make something like this.
Had a dual atom installed in the bottom of the centre console area.
Custom aluminium panel centre console, and a barnacle widget alike device (cheers for the help Neil and Jamie) that had no screen but talked to the carputer. Worked nicely till the missus wrote the coupe off, and then I sold it to some bloke in Worcester.... don't think he frequented the forum.

Its fairly easy to do, so long as you can write the software or modify existing car PC software.

But I didn't like the idea of touchscreen controls, so instead stuck with brushed aluminium knobs and switches for all of the existing buttons that needed moving.
Posted By: Boosted7

Re: Fiat Coupe CarPc carputer ?? - 13/01/2011 21:34

spookly, do you have any pics of this setup?

Re: Fiat Coupe CarPc carputer ?? - 14/01/2011 16:02

I'll have a dig, I might have kept some pics.

Unfortunately the car is no longer with us, except some spares in the shed. The carputer and centre console got sold off to some bloke in Worcester.

It is quite easy to do though. If you want to change the existing switches then be aware that some, like the hazards, operate with a relay and circuit on the circuit board behind the switches. Easiest way to do it is to keep the small circuit boards and remove the switches and solder new switches to it via wires.

Re: Fiat Coupe CarPc carputer ?? - 01/03/2011 21:02

today I joint the forum, so let me intruduce myself.
my name is Yko Benedictus and I`m from The Netherlands. I have a yellow fiat coupe 20v from 1999. I work as helicopter technician. As a hobby, i build a pc in my fiat coupe.
I am glad that the most of you can appreciate my creation!

Re: Fiat Coupe CarPc carputer ?? - 20/01/2012 09:37

Yko

like it !! how much hassle was it to fit and setup (tune etc).

R00
Posted By: BrianMay

Re: Fiat Coupe CarPc carputer ?? - 20/01/2012 09:43

I've been running a carpc in my coupe since 2004 wink did lots of upgrades, but I don't have any pictures at the moment. I believe I've sent some pictures to Karl_20VT in the past...if he still has them around feel free to post them...if not I'll try to post some when I can find the time
Posted By: BrianMay

Re: Fiat Coupe CarPc carputer ?? - 04/04/2012 10:23

I have a few pictures of my carpc online on my new website wink you can check it either here:

http://hddrive.webnode.pt/ (go to Portfolio)

or here:

https://www.facebook.com/HDDrive

wink

Re: Fiat Coupe CarPc carputer ?? - 30/06/2012 23:00

just get an android tablet and use bluetooth to your headunit or the 3.5 aux cable from the headphone out into the headunit

its all there for you in one cheap unit you can remove from the car for safety and easy updating and changing of maps media etc

Re: Fiat Coupe CarPc carputer ?? - 02/07/2012 12:07

Yko, What firm do your work for (helicopters) - as I too am a bit of a pilot - Real and RC choppers.

you got any pics ??

R00
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK