Fiat Coupe Club UK

Clarion Error Code !! Stressing me out !!

Posted By: Anonymous

Clarion Error Code !! Stressing me out !! - 01/06/2006 13:22

Hope the Fiat Forum can help, After writing off my coupe and having to replace it with a VR6, until i find a nice plus i thought i would quickly install the clarion head unit and changer. Everything went fine stereo worked with keys in the ignition but when turning to start the car an error code 'T E L' flashes on the screen and stays there ??? anyone have any ideas what is causing this ??
Posted By: bockers

Re: Clarion Error Code !! Stressing me out !! - 01/06/2006 13:51

It could be the telephone mute function:-
"Most Clarion head units (Radio-Cassette, Radio-CD, Radio-MD) have a Telephone-mute feature. To activate telephone-mute press and hold the [BAND] button together with preset [5] simultaneously. The display panel will confirm that this feature is activated. Audiovisual models with full screen setup menus have a different method of activation. The adjustment menu is accessible by pressing the [ADJ] button for more than 2 seconds and you need only follow the on screen guidance." _from the Clarion UK site

Failing that give Clarion UK a call and have the Model number to hand.
Telephone number 01793 770730

Re: Clarion Error Code !! Stressing me out !! - 01/06/2006 14:00

Wow that was quick, Cheers bockers, I'll give it a go, after i now have stripped it out and replaced the old sony stereo
Posted By: bockers

Re: Clarion Error Code !! Stressing me out !! - 01/06/2006 14:00

or you may have connected the wrong wire. There is also a telephone mute wire.

This may help:-
Speakers:-
White LF +, White/Black LF -, Grey RF +, Grey/Black RF -, Green LR +, Green/Black LR -, Violet RR +, Violet/Black RR -
Power Plug:-
Yellow 14ga Battery Main , Yellow 18ga Battery CeNet , Black Ground , Red Accessory , Blue Antenna turn-on + , Blue/White Remote turn-on + , Orange/White Dimmer + , Brown Phone mute - , Orange Parking Brake - , White/Red CCD Input + Instant on
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Clarion Error Code !! Stressing me out !! - 01/06/2006 17:39

I had a similar problem - I think you'll find a brown wire thats touching earth somewhere - just tape the end and it should be fine

Re: Clarion Error Code !! Stressing me out !! - 02/06/2006 13:17

After spending more time on this last night and stripping half the dash out !! i have isolated the problem to an imobiliser thats fitted so i guess this is interferring with the power sourse in some way. Anyone know if it's likely to be the main power feed or switched ignition feed ??
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK