Fiat Coupe Club UK

Replacement Clarion Reccommendations

Posted By: Anonymous

Replacement Clarion Reccommendations - 24/05/2006 19:15

Hi,
Not massively into ICE but I'd like to replace the head unit in my 20vt.

Ideally, the new unit would work with the existing 12 CD Changer in the boot. I think this is the standard model but just with extra 6 disks, maybe it was an optional extra?

Anyway, so far I've established:
1) Need to be Clarion brand Head Unit;
2) Would be useful if comptiable with my WMA's I have loads;
3) Ideally needs a CD player in the Head Unit also, I know this sounds silly, but I just don't need or like a tape player! Also, then I could make up CD's with WMA's on them and play them in the front;
4) Needs to ideally not have a fold down front to prevent interfering with the Gear stick.
5) Have bought some Clarion removal tools of the bay.

Basically, I wondered if anyone else has replaced their Clarion HU with another better Clarion that was still compatiable with the changer, and what they reccommend??

Thanks...
Posted By: bockers

Re: Replacement Clarion Reccommendations - 24/05/2006 20:10

Nothing is compatible with a Clarion CD changer other than a Clarion Head unit.

I would decide on what HU you want form any manufacturer and then buy a compatible changer on Ebay. If the Hu plays WMAs you may not even need a CD changer or can do without until funds alow. Also sell your old clarion on Ebay too.

Otherwise you are stuck with Clarion.

John
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Replacement Clarion Reccommendations - 24/05/2006 20:27

Yes I know I need a Clarion..But surely I don't have to stick with the one that's in it?

What I was looking for was advice on what Clarion to change the existing one too? Or are you implying that all Clarion HU will be compataible?
Posted By: bockers

Re: Replacement Clarion Reccommendations - 24/05/2006 20:52

There are two type of clarion CD changers CBus and CNet
Cnet is the later type. The Fiat standard items are CBus

Therefore if you buy a Newer Clarion Head unit (which will be CNet compatible) you will have to buy a Cbus to Cnet converter. BUT the 12 disk unit does not work with this

So if you want to keep using your 12 disk chager you must find a Clarion HU that is Cbus. I am not ceertain if Clarion ever produced a CBus compatible CD HU that plays WMA.

Therefore I would just ignore the 12 disk changer, sell it on , and get a Head unit of your choice that can play WMAs.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK