Fiat Coupe Club UK

I pod and Alpine units

Posted By: paul

I pod and Alpine units - 24/12/2005 03:35

Halfrauds where doing a deal on an Alpine unit which also works an I Pod from the head unit....anybody tried it/heard it ?
Also do Alpine do any steering wheel mountable remotes.....really miss this in the Coupe after driving my wifes car which has steering wheel controls ....lazy or what !!!
Posted By: bockers

Re: I pod and Alpine units - 24/12/2005 05:09

Paul

The Alpine ipod apadter is very good. However it is still not easy to navigate, well not as easy as using the ipod. My gripe with these units is that onceconnected they disable the ipod contols and screen ! Why?

Not sure about Apline but I have Sony stalk control for my stereo and it enables me do do all fucntions without taking my eyes off the road.

John
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: I pod and Alpine units - 24/12/2005 05:40

Yes at the moment the Alpine package seems to be the best value.

As for a steering wheel remote, well I'm pretty sure Alpine do not offer this I'm afraid.

Re: I pod and Alpine units - 24/12/2005 07:41

hhhmmmmmmmm,head unit is too far away...too lazy to change music,so end up listening to all sorts of cr*p .....need longer arms but thought it would be easier to get a remote

I`ll maybe look around the Alpine web site...ta guys

just looked, they only do `upgraded` wheel remotes to work with oem fitments

Re: I pod and Alpine units - 27/12/2005 04:10

I've fitted one of these today, amongst the other bit's and pieces. I found the whole install really painless, taking no more than 30 minutes or so. Have sited the adapter underthe passenger seat, with the ipod in the glove box.
The only issue I found was that the ariel fitting is different, so you'll need to ensure you have the right one for the head unit.

I found the navigation straight forward and the sound good, so am very happy, all I have to do now is find someone that needs the free fitting voucher! :-)

Re: I pod and Alpine units - 27/12/2005 07:22

good choice Che.I may be out and about `happening` to buy one tomorrow............as it never appeared in my stocking

Re: I pod and Alpine units - 27/12/2005 22:21

I was pretty lucky Paul, I got the stereo AND something nice in a pair of stockings!!!

Re: I pod and Alpine units - 28/12/2005 18:36

the offer in Halfrauds finished the 24th ................and after loads of hints....and the buying of `new` stockings......all I got was presents in mine ..need to have words

Re: I pod and Alpine units - 03/01/2006 05:30

Er Paul, your local Halfords are being fannies.

Its still at £199.99.

Re: I pod and Alpine units - 07/01/2006 02:17

I will return to Halfrauds and see said plonker

thanks Matty
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK