Fiat Coupe Club UK

Alpine CDE-9828RB and Nokia N91

Posted By: Tartandude

Alpine CDE-9828RB and Nokia N91 - 22/02/2006 01:02

I have an Alpine CDE-9828RB and soon will have a nokia N91 mobile phone. The phone has a 4Gb drive on it meaning that I can store a heap of songs on it, now Im wondering, can I wire up the phone to the stereo? I know you can do it with an ipod but can you do it with a phone?!

Answers on a postcard
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Alpine CDE-9828RB and Nokia N91 - 22/02/2006 01:26

Craig, one option is to run iTunes through your phone, which I suspect will fool the Alpine connector into thinking it's connected to an ipod (any ICE experts confirm this?)

What you'll need to do is visit run itunes on your phone as this will give you details on the software you'll need and how to set it up. This is also reliant on there being a cable availabe to connect your phone to your iPod adaptor.

The upside is that the software you get from the link above means you won't have the silly 100 song limit most of the phones with iTunes have, and it will sinc with your PC.

Re: Alpine CDE-9828RB and Nokia N91 - 22/02/2006 01:31

Che,

Cheers! Don't get the phone until March but nowt wrong with a bit of forward planning, would be excellent if when you connected it to the Headunit it also charged the phone but maybe Im hoping for too much..

Craig

Re: Alpine CDE-9828RB and Nokia N91 - 22/02/2006 01:36

For connecting an iPod to the head unit you need a connector unit, which you should be able to get (I think you have the same head unit as mine?). You can get them from Halfords, and I think Pistop or whatever it's called in town had them. This allows you to control your iPod through the head unit, and I gues your phone with the right software although I wouldn't swear to it. Is there a line in on the back of your head unit? If your not fussed about controling the menus etc. from the head unit, you could simply feed in through that?

Re: Alpine CDE-9828RB and Nokia N91 - 22/02/2006 02:51

The iPod connector you are talking about is the KCA 420i, which lets you control and charge your iPod through your Alpine HU (providing the Alpine HU has a Ai-Net connector, which yours does.....)

And just by coincidence......I have a KCA 420i complete with connecting cables, and instructions for sale!!!!!!

Re: Alpine CDE-9828RB and Nokia N91 - 22/02/2006 02:57

Cool,

Guess Im gonna have to wait until I get the phone however to see if its all gonna work. Che expect a visit...
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK