Fiat Coupe Club UK

blaupunkt woodstock dab54 install....

Posted By: Anonymous

blaupunkt woodstock dab54 install.... - 21/12/2005 01:59

anyone got the Blaupunkt dab radio? Installed the radio/normal ariel/ipod input easily enough, but now I'm looking at the DAB ariel. And the DAB ariel is looking back at me.

Any clues as how to install this? Does it really need to be linked to power and if so how do I do this? through the back of the stereo? and do you really need to earth the fecker? and how do I do this if its on the windsceen?

DAB radio the future eh? yeah, the future of me standing around scratching my head a bit...

So, basically if anyone has this radio let me know!

Re: blaupunkt woodstock dab54 install.... - 25/12/2005 04:50

I have a DAB 54. I had it professionally installed, mainly because the previous unit was uninstalled by cutting all the wires.

My aerial is powered off the ignition, but isn't a Blaupunkt item. It doesn't seem to be earthed and works well. I think it will need the power, though you can get non-powered external aerials.

I think DAB is worth the extra hassle - the sound quality is superb and there is a much wider choice of stations.

Re: blaupunkt woodstock dab54 install.... - 25/12/2005 09:01

Well I've installed a few DAB units now, and none of them have needed power for their antenna's.

Just plug them into the back of the headunit and away you go...
Posted By: bockers

Re: blaupunkt woodstock dab54 install.... - 25/12/2005 21:10

That s because the Coupe has a wire in the DIn lead that powers the amplifier for the rear screen ariel.

So should be a plug and play affair
JOhn

Re: blaupunkt woodstock dab54 install.... - 04/01/2006 00:13

Ok, had another look and should plug into the head unit for power then (it needs it, as at the moment its plugged in but reception is bad).

But to earth it, it wants me to scratch some bare metal at the side of the windscreen (and the earth cable is about 1cm long). Not understanding electricity, the head unit is earthed so the ariel wont need it right?

Re: blaupunkt woodstock dab54 install.... - 09/01/2006 19:17

I have the woodstock 52.
It connects to both the conventional antenna in the rear window and an active antenna, mounted adhesive to the inside of the windscreen.
Yes the extra antenna needs 12v and a ground connection.

Fantastic radio with a SD-Card reader.

I have a 1 Gb card in it with a lot of music. Rock on!!

Regards
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK