Fiat Coupe Club UK

Where is the best place to bring 0gauge in???AGAIN

Posted By: Anonymous

Where is the best place to bring 0gauge in???AGAIN - 13/02/2006 23:15

Hi all

As title really, i plan t get my install back in out of my old car and thought i would ask before i start the hunt.

where do you all run you power cable in from, i run a beefy 0gauge so the hole needs to be big'ish'.

Many thanks for any light on this.

Paul

Re: Where is the best place to bring 0gauge in??? - 14/02/2006 00:30

i'll get a pic for you mate

Re: Where is the best place to bring 0gauge in??? - 14/02/2006 00:35

Thanks that would be great

Re: Where is the best place to bring 0gauge in??? - 15/02/2006 23:38

anyone?
Posted By: bockers

Re: Where is the best place to bring 0gauge in??? - 16/02/2006 00:01

Well this is one very easy job on the coupe:-

Take a feed from the battery and run it down the passenger side of the car to the boot (where I presume you will be placing the amp.

The route from the engine bay is actually very simple and requires no drilling or cutting.

There is a grommet you can use in this pic:-
Exit engine bay

The lead then exits behind the wing. You will need to remove the 2-3 bolts at the top of the wing, (two are hidden by the foam pad). Then very carfuly you can pull away the top half of the wing and see where the wire exits (note the alarm siren in here too)
Behind the wing
I would add some heavy duty wire screening to stop the wire chaffing against the enty and exit points too.
Now feed the wire into the B pillar.

To see the exit point you will need to peel back the carpet from around the b pillar, it is easier if you remove the door rubber from this area.
You can see the exit point in this picture:-
Exit point into the cabin
Now just run the wire under the carpet down the side of the door and then remove the rear seat cushing to find a hole into the boot. I actually made a separate hole at this point to avoid any interference by running power near phono or speaker wires.

Hope this helps

John

Re: Where is the best place to bring 0gauge in??? - 16/02/2006 00:15

thats where i was gonna photo.......

but i split up with my girlfriend the day before new years eve and guess where i've left my digi cam...........

Re: Where is the best place to bring 0gauge in??? - 16/02/2006 06:21

Cheers bockers, that is spot on, i really appreciate that. exactly what i needed.

thanks for the thought coupecraig, hopefully you will get your camera (and probably loads of otherthings) back from the dreeded ex.

thanks again

Paul

Re: Where is the best place to bring 0gauge in??? - 16/02/2006 07:51

np mate....sorry i could get a pic for you

Re: Where is the best place to bring 0gauge in??? - 17/02/2006 22:04

Tried the place suggested but my cable wont fit i need a hole the size of a 10p/2p coin

any help?

Paul

Re: Where is the best place to bring 0gauge in??? - 17/02/2006 22:05

forgot to add, i have a sunroof, thats why that hole above was big enough, it has the overflow from the roof coming out there

Paul
Posted By: S1MMA

Re: Where is the best place to bring 0gauge in??? - 17/02/2006 22:33

sorry mate, but why do you need to run 0 gauge?

Have you worked out the current drain, and distance your power wire is going to travel, and hence the size of wire you need (as in how thick the wire needs to be to carry x current along x distance effeciently)? there are some online guides about it somewhere if you can't do it the old fashioned way. Even If you are running 2 amps (Class A or similar) then I don't think you need more than 2 gauge at most, with a distribution block and 4 gauge running to each amp (again for super high powered applications). If you are running a class D bass amp and smaller Class A full range amp the current draw will be fairly low and I'd say 2 gauge will be more than sufficient into a distribution block as above. Just trying to save you some hassle.

In fact, let me know what you are planning on hooking up so I have a better idea of what you most probably need.

Re: Where is the best place to bring 0gauge in??? - 18/02/2006 01:17

I have an audiobahn mono block that runs 2300wrms and a fusion 4ch that is 1000wrms (no point quoting peak powers ) plus i have an xbox.

It is set up to go into a a 4gauge dizy block as you say, i am sure 2gauge will probably do it, but i wil probably upgrade from time to time, and if i fit the 0gauge (which i already have) it means that it is strong enough to put anything on it.

I also have an optima yellow top battery (not that this makes much difference)

Paul

Re: Where is the best place to bring 0gauge in??? - 20/02/2006 07:24

its ok, shes in

required alot of patience but that hole above was just big enough but had to through the grommit that was there out

all happy now... (although i did blow £300 worth of speakers

Paul
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK