Fiat Coupe Club UK

Couple of Q's re ICE install

Posted By: StuP

Couple of Q's re ICE install - 07/02/2006 22:09

I'm just looking to install my new amp in the boot, alongside new speakers, and have a couple of questions..

1st off, I need to try and get the rear seat-backs off for wire routing, but am guessing the bolts are accessible through the boot? How do I take the boot wall-lining off to access them? Also, whereabouts in here is the best place to find a decent earthing point?

I'm also trying to get into the dash ends to see if I can put the crossover boxes in there. Do the ends just pull off, or do they slide or something, they seem pretty stiff!!
Posted By: bockers

Re: Couple of Q's re ICE install - 08/02/2006 01:29

Quote:

I'm just looking to install my new amp in the boot, alongside new speakers, and have a couple of questions..

1st off, I need to try and get the rear seat-backs off for wire routing, but am guessing the bolts are accessible through the boot? How do I take the boot wall-lining off to access them?

Just pull the lining away carefully you can acces the bolts without haveing to pull it away much.

Quote:

Also, whereabouts in here is the best place to find a decent earthing point?

I used one of the bolts above, i.e. the ones that hold the seats on.
Quote:

I'm also trying to get into the dash ends to see if I can put the crossover boxes in there. Do the ends just pull off, or do they slide or something, they seem pretty stiff!!

There is a thumb screw which can bee seen in this pic. Knurled nut
Take it off and then remove the plastic clip that is under the screw. Then slide the end caps off, take a bit of fiddling to get the right position.

John
Posted By: StuP

Re: Couple of Q's re ICE install - 08/02/2006 03:13

Thanks again Bockers, you seem to be a living how-to guide for coupe ICE!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK