Fiat Coupe Club UK

6 x 9 depth

Posted By: Anonymous

6 x 9 depth - 18/04/2007 12:27

I've bought some vibe front component speakers and a vibe active sub for the boot, i'm stuck on what size 6x9s to get for the rear panels, cause i'm not sure of the depth - i dont collect the car till friday. cna anyone help?

Re: 6 x 9 depth - 18/04/2007 13:28

Hi and welcome! \:\)

6 X 9's will fit into the rear panels but I'm not sure of the depth. Do a search and see what turns up.

Another thought is: do you need 6 X 9's in the first place. A decent set of components in the front should provide a decent soundstage and the sub will give you the extra oomph that you need. If all that is connected to a half decent amp, any rear speakers should be redundant. \:\)
Posted By: bockers

Re: 6 x 9 depth - 18/04/2007 13:38

Plenty of space depth wise in the rear \:D

Re: 6 x 9 depth - 19/04/2007 02:41

I have 10" subs in the rear panels, and they're mounted off the metalwork i.e. further back than the panels. Loads of depth. See here.
Posted By: sugerbear

Re: 6 x 9 depth - 03/05/2007 15:24

I fitted some MB Quart 6x9 in the rear connected via an alpine amp, I already had a set of MB Quart mid/tweeter components in the front powered by the head unit and overall I would have said that I a really pleased with the way it now sounds.

My ears actually hurt when I turn it up now (very loud) so I have fader set more to the front than back but I still feel that the sound is all around rather than coming directly from the front and my feet. Bass is much improved with the rear 6x9 as well.

But I suppose that one mans perfect setup is another mans nightmare.

Re: 6 x 9 depth - 13/05/2007 19:38

I have to sayI am with MABR, I would not bother with 6x9's and would just run good (amped) components up front and a decent sub (and the Vibe CBR series are very good).

That is just my opinion though, and ultimately it is down to what makes you happy. \:\)
Posted By: Freddan72

Re: 6 x 9 depth - 31/05/2007 11:43

You could also add some sound-absorbing material.
Check out this thread for some tips (itīs in swedish but there are plenty of pics \:\) ):
http://sfk.ibk.se/forum/showthread.php?threadid=7117
Posted By: Per

Re: 6 x 9 depth - 01/06/2007 16:45

Yeah why go with the odd 6x9" when you could use a great speaker of std size 6.5"..? Fits straight on mate!
Especially when you already have a lot of bass from yer boot.

Remember for soundproofing, don't fit the material to the metal(wings), put them on the plastic panels. They may get damp you know.. ;\)

Re: 6 x 9 depth - 03/06/2007 00:01

I will install 6x9" in the back. Donīt want to install a sub and an amplifier in the boot. Need the space for other stuff \:\)

Re: 6 x 9 depth - 11/06/2007 01:37

Installed two 6x9" this weekend. Much better sound!
Gonna play some RnB now \:\)

Next project will be a sub in the trunk on the left side ;\)
Posted By: Per

Re: 6 x 9 depth - 11/06/2007 22:14

Originally Posted By: Freddan72
Donīt want to install a sub and an amplifier in the boot. Need the space for other stuff \:\)

Originally Posted By: Freddan72
Next project will be a sub in the trunk on the left side ;\)

\:D

Re: 6 x 9 depth - 14/06/2007 17:38

Haha missed the link in my previous post \:\) Check this subwoofer:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/fastedd/ice.htm
Hopefully the trunk space will be left intact \:D

By the way has anyone got a design for the Subwoofer Base box in the link?
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK