Fiat Coupe Club UK

Why doesnt stereo come on/go off with ignition?

Posted By: Anonymous

Why doesnt stereo come on/go off with ignition? - 16/10/2006 22:23

I have the std fit Clarion stereo, and it drives me mad having to remember to turn it off everytime i leave the car.

Can this not come on and go off with the ignition?
Posted By: enfant_teribl

Re: Why doesnt stereo come on/go off with ignition - 16/10/2006 22:41

I am failry certain that this is standard in all Coupes, and so it affects all stereos. My Sony HU is no different.
Posted By: bockers

Re: Why doesnt stereo come on/go off with ignition - 16/10/2006 22:45

easy to fix though. Take a feed from the electric windows or ciggy lighter (which is ignition switched) and replce the permamnent live that is normaly switched in other cars. Done this on both my Coupes and Punto
Posted By: jas_racing

Re: Why doesnt stereo come on/go off with ignition - 17/10/2006 01:10

Careful which one you link to the switched ignition live though, otherwise every time you switch the ignition back on you'll have lost all settings and tuner presets...yellow is usually 'true' permanent live, red switched/ignition live, but check instructions to be sure

Re: Why doesnt stereo come on/go off with ignition - 17/10/2006 01:21

I don't suppose any of you know how to manually tune the radio on the standard Clarion head unit?

Mine stays on as well, might take the advice here and rewire it at the weekend.

Re: Why doesnt stereo come on/go off with ignition - 17/10/2006 01:26

check here Clarion ISO leads

Re: Why doesnt stereo come on/go off with ignition - 17/10/2006 13:27

PHEW... Mine doesn't go off with the ignition, thought someone had butchered the electrics somewhere down the line...

Re: Why doesnt stereo come on/go off with ignition - 17/10/2006 13:34

Yes, remove the Clarion, dispose of it in an environmentally friendly way and buy a decent stereo. Seriously I changed the factory Clarion for a Sony HU (which are by no means the best car stereos) but the difference was amazing. Easier to tune too

Re: Why doesnt stereo come on/go off with ignition - 17/10/2006 13:40

At least in can be done then, though not by me! I'm not fiddling with the lectric stuff.

bockers - i dont find the clarion too bad really, better than a lot of car stereos. I think its because it tells me to 'take care' and 'buckle up' when i switch it on and off.

Its like a friend.........
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK