Fiat Coupe Club UK

GM EBV installation help please

Posted By: Jube

GM EBV installation help please - 16/01/2009 12:35

Hi All,
I've just bought the following off eBay;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=110332635162

Which I think and hope is the correct GM EBV part which members have installed on their Coupes - Please let me know if you think it's wrong.

I think from doing some research on the internet that the ports and hose setup should be as follows:

The solenoid:
Port 1: Silver plug, by itself on one end.
Port 2: Opposite port, next to port 3.
Port 3: Comes with a small filter on it.

Port 1: To Turbocharger, or optionally another line on the charge air side - RED marked Hose.
Port 2: To Wastegate Actuator - BLUE marked Hose.
Port 3: Back into intake, after the MAF or Leave alone and keep Filter installed - Remaining EBV Hose.

Could anyone who's got one installed please help (as the part came with no installation instructions) me to confirm that the information that I've found is correct please?

Also, does it matter which way around the wires go on to the connector?

Many thanks in anticipation.
Posted By: paddy

Re: GM EBV installation help please - 17/01/2009 00:25

Pluged up a perrin ebv to my car. The way I worked it out was to get some tube, and blow through the OE one, and work out where the air came out, with and without current going throught it. Then do the same with the aftermarket one and match it....

Re: GM EBV installation help please - 17/01/2009 11:31

Thanks paddy, a really good idea which i'll try tomorrow when I'm planning to fit it.

Do you know if it matters which way around the EBV's wiring goes please?
Posted By: paddy

Re: GM EBV installation help please - 17/01/2009 12:15

doesn't seem to matter on the Perrin, but can't comment on the GM one...

Re: GM EBV installation help please - 17/01/2009 19:56

Thanks for help paddy.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: GM EBV installation help please - 19/01/2009 07:48

Hi

Check this thread:
GM EBV

Daniel

Re: GM EBV installation help please - 19/01/2009 11:38

Hi Daniel,
Thanks for the thread information it's much appreciated.
Posted By: Baz76

Re: GM EBV installation help please - 20/01/2009 11:45

If you have odd boosting problems when you start using the GM ebv then you'll probably need to disconnect the battery to reset the ecu.

I had been running a prv for a while before fitting the GM ebv and it must have gotten used to the standard ebv not being in the boost circuit. When i fitted the GM ebv i was getting base boost up to 5k revs then it would jump up to 1.3 Bar (Gtec 1 chip) for the rest of the way in every gear . After 10 mins with the battery disconnected though every thing was fine.

Baz \:\)

Re: GM EBV installation help please - 21/01/2009 20:37

Cheers Baz, thanks for the info.

I've tried disconnecting the battery to reset the ECU but I'm still experiencing problems at the moment.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK