nice..big..not expensive

anything else ? :P
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Opinions? - 22/12/2005 02:39

where ya gunna put it?

Re: Opinions? - 22/12/2005 02:51

in his trunk....

nah.. I think in the front of his radiator.. where all FMIC's are put..

cheers

coen

Re: Opinions? - 22/12/2005 03:00

Shipping price would be a fortune but still going to be cheaper than others I've seen.
U sure it will fit ?

Re: Opinions? - 22/12/2005 03:05

wont i affect the cooling of the engine abit? dont want the engine getting hot

Re: Opinions? - 22/12/2005 03:51

Edo, looks absolutely fine that one, I've seen them for sale on ebay severa ltimes, often at a higher price, I'm sure you could get it to fit the coupe no problem,.. well about the same difficulty as any other FMIC for the Coupe.

Joe
Posted By: Saint

Re: Opinions? - 22/12/2005 05:13

Only comment would be that I am currently fitting a evo IC with Core 480w by 280d and I'm having to route the plumbing by the wheel well on one side. That core is 600w so a fair bit bigger.

If I was you I would cut a template that size out of a bit of cardboard, take of the front bumper (15min job - see guide under styling?) and see how it will fit. I'm sure it will but get an idea of the plumbing implications

cheers

Re: Opinions? - 22/12/2005 06:11

Edo, my EVO IC is the same size as that one, from the very first group buy, can be tricky and you'll need to do a bit of cutting but it is possible

Joe

Re: Opinions? - 22/12/2005 06:21

A few questions to check out first:

1. Can you fit a 100mm deep I/C without cutting a huge amount out of the front bumper? (Not a problem if you are happy to do this )

2. The core looks quite dense, so may restrict air flow to your radiator.

3. How much will the hoses and hard pipes cost on top of the I/C to get it to fit? Could easily be £100-200 , especially if you have to buy reducing pipes.

Why not check out the group buy for the Pro Alloy FMIC that I am arranging? It might seem more expensive, but you can get a complete kit that has been specifically designed to fit the Coupe. The core is tube and fin (supposedly better than bar and plate ) and is designed to be free flowing enough to minimise any adverse effects on the water cooling. There are a quite a few people on the forum who have taken up this offer, and both Barbz & Roger have commented on the quality of the product .

Phil

Re: Opinions? - 22/12/2005 18:10

Goint through al options...
And reconsidering them all....i think the PRO Alloy kit is indeed my best option...

Grr..... forgot about hosing and stuff...

I NEED MO MONEY!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK