Fiat Coupe Club UK

Injectors Turbo help 20vt

Posted By: F1GHT3R

Injectors Turbo help 20vt - 25/03/2024 18:15

Hi to you all.

I would like to know what kind of injectors i need to upgrade my 20v turbo.
I would like them to be 630cc or higher.
I would like them to be pluged in aswell with no modification if thats possible.

My coupe is a 20v turbo
FMIC Pro Alloy
clutch from scara 73 many years ago
Stainless exhaust all the way its a blueflame exhaust system

2nd Question i want a new turbo and i am thinking of this one.
https://www.pulsarturbo.com/product/psr2867-gen2/
Is that a good one?
I want the turbo to be bolt on aswell but dont know what to choose.
Houisng Options?? Turbine Houisng?? Actuator Options??

Regards // F1GHT3R
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Injectors Turbo help 20vt - 25/03/2024 18:33

Hiya F1ght3r,

It's not as simple as that, you can't fit 630 injectors without having a fuel table to run them so you'll need a base map to start on which you can then build the fuelling table.

You're in Sweden so do you have access to someone who can tune this?

If you don't there's a chap here in UK who runs a company call FC performance, Leighton is able to offer you a remote map from the years of experience he has from tuning Coupes, he is the best guy for this if you're unable to find someone.

Turbo wise what power are you looking for as the Pulsar T25 offers a 64.5 or 86.5 a/r, smaller is quicker to spool and probably more suited for a road car.

Re: Injectors Turbo help 20vt - 25/03/2024 19:43

What do you mean with fuel table?
I have a gtec 1 chip in the car, and i will map the car, car have a FPR 3.8 aswell.
Posted By: clanger

Re: Injectors Turbo help 20vt - 25/03/2024 19:47

Presumably you are going to tune for E85? Have a look at Bosch EV14 injectors, they are available with Jetronic EV1 connectors meaning no changes to the wiring. Try Finjector.com and explain your situation.

Re: Injectors Turbo help 20vt - 25/03/2024 19:53

Originally Posted by clanger
Presumably you are going to tune for E85? Have a look at Bosch EV14 injectors, they are available with Jetronic EV1 connectors meaning no changes to the wiring. Try Finjector.com and explain your situation.

Found this page, are this injectors plug in?
And no i wont run with E85, just want enough fuel for the upgrade.

Re: Injectors Turbo help 20vt - 25/03/2024 19:53

https://cpfuelandrace.com/collections/fiat-coupe-2-0l-20v-turbo

Re: Injectors Turbo help 20vt - 25/03/2024 19:59

Originally Posted by Countrycruising
Hiya F1ght3r,

It's not as simple as that, you can't fit 630 injectors without having a fuel table to run them so you'll need a base map to start on which you can then build the fuelling table.

You're in Sweden so do you have access to someone who can tune this?

If you don't there's a chap here in UK who runs a company call FC performance, Leighton is able to offer you a remote map from the years of experience he has from tuning Coupes, he is the best guy for this if you're unable to find someone.

Turbo wise what power are you looking for as the Pulsar T25 offers a 64.5 or 86.5 a/r, smaller is quicker to spool and probably more suited for a road car.

Yes, i guess someone will tune them here in sweden. I just want to know which one i can get that are plug in. My mecanic will fit them in but he dont want modificated ones.

Re: Injectors Turbo help 20vt - 25/03/2024 20:28

EV1 is the correct plug to match the OE loom.

Re: Injectors Turbo help 20vt - 26/03/2024 08:33

EV1 is the correct plug to match the OE loom.

thanks for that information, appreciated.

Re: Injectors Turbo help 20vt - 26/03/2024 08:38

So about the turbo, what housing do i need so its bolt on.
Do you guys suggest lower ar for quicker spool up or does lower ar lose power at higher rpm?
Is higher psi recommended or can i go with less than 14.

Thanks in advance for all the replys i get.

Re: Injectors Turbo help 20vt - 26/03/2024 09:33

T25 will match the collector of the standard manifold so bolts straight on, exhaust side if you buy the 5 bolt exit you'll need an adapter to match the OE downpipe but then you're restricted with the flow so personally I'd go with the V-band and have the downpipe adapted to match, or better still have a 3 inch downpipe built.

AR sizes, smaller allows quicker spool so early power and good mid-range but you'll lose top end power, larger is slower to spool, good mid-range and more power at the top end.

Re: Injectors Turbo help 20vt - 26/03/2024 10:59

T25 will match the collector of the standard manifold so bolts straight on, exhaust side if you buy the 5 bolt exit you'll need an adapter to match the OE downpipe but then you're restricted with the flow so personally I'd go with the V-band and have the downpipe adapted to match, or better still have a 3 inch downpipe built.

AR sizes, smaller allows quicker spool so early power and good mid-range but you'll lose top end power, larger is slower to spool, good mid-range and more power at the top end.

Thanks alot, what about the psi shall i go for the biggest one, there is some options.

Re: Injectors Turbo help 20vt - 26/03/2024 13:23

Watergate actuator you'll need 14psi.

Re: Injectors Turbo help 20vt - 26/03/2024 14:32

Watergate actuator you'll need 14psi.

Thanks alot.

Re: Injectors Turbo help 20vt - 26/03/2024 15:25

Let us know how you get on thumb

Re: Injectors Turbo help 20vt - 01/04/2024 09:47

Hiya again

After talking to my mecanic he told me if i buy a new turbo i need a downpipe and i probably need a new chip that is going to fit with the new updates of turbo and injectors.
So gtec chip 1 or 2 that i have wont help me. So the procedure will fked up cause he said the chip a have is for non upgraded items. The chips just put up the bar and gtec 2 the fuel or smt.
So if i need all that kind of things i dont know if i will even try to make if faster, will take ages to make the car as i want to.
Little bit sad cause i have loads of good things on the car and i thought that injectors and new turbo and just mapping would do it, but now (downpipe new chip and mapping and so on)
frown
Posted By: szkom

Re: Injectors Turbo help 20vt - 01/04/2024 10:01

It doesn't sound like the end to me. You were already planning on new fuel injectors and turbo. You were advised about mapping higher up this thread (the chip is a small cost in terms of remapping). Changing the downpipe depends which turbo you go for.

What I think you're missing is a clear plan. If you decide what you want to do with the car you can work out the target bhp and then plan the components needed to support that

Re: Injectors Turbo help 20vt - 01/04/2024 10:06

Originally Posted by szkom
It doesn't sound like the end to me. You were already planning on new fuel injectors and turbo. You were advised about mapping higher up this thread (the chip is a small cost in terms of remapping). Changing the downpipe depends which turbo you go for.

What I think you're missing is a clear plan. If you decide what you want to do with the car you can work out the target bhp and then plan the components needed to support that

My plan is around 320bhp
I was planing for the turbo i sended, pulsar.
Do i need a downpipe for that one?
Who will make the new chip?
Is there any Hybrid that i have now that is way better than the one i got that is plug in like the previous one?
I have this one:

Posted By: clanger

Re: Injectors Turbo help 20vt - 01/04/2024 11:48

With widespread availability of E85 in Sweden you would do well by just changing the injectors to 380cc and remapping for Ethanol. I'm at close to 300bhp with just a hybrid turbo and E85, the key is the amount of extra ignition advance you can run without knocking.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK