Fiat Coupe Club UK

Omex launch control

Posted By: Forfoot30

Omex launch control - 13/08/2018 18:54

Evening people

I've been trying to research into launch control I've noticed a lot of cars using omex but they don't do a unit for 5pots does anyone have any advice on where else to look

Cheers Chris
Posted By: Rob40

Re: Omex launch control - 13/08/2018 20:42

If you don't want the hassle of changing the ECU for a standalone, Racelogic used to do a traction control system with launch control.
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Omex launch control - 14/08/2018 04:34

In my humble opinion, launch control on a Coupe is pretty pointless - you’re always going to be hampered by the fwd layout

If you want epic launches, buy a 4wd. If you want your Coupe to be quicker off the mark, fit a proper slippy diff and the best tyres you can find.

The Coupe is not about 0-60, it’s more about 30-100 (ie that ‘magic’ third gear)

PS, if you still want to go down the route of ECU-controlled launch control, I believe Motec do an ECU with a 5-pot option
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Omex launch control - 14/08/2018 20:17

Originally Posted By Nigel
In my humble opinion, launch control on a Coupe is pretty pointless - you’re always going to be hampered by the fwd layout

If you want epic launches, buy a 4wd. If you want your Coupe to be quicker off the mark, fit a proper slippy diff and the best tyres you can find.

The Coupe is not about 0-60, it’s more about 30-100 (ie that ‘magic’ third gear)

PS, if you still want to go down the route of ECU-controlled launch control, I believe Motec do an ECU with a 5-pot option

Nail on the head there, was only just having this conversation with a chap earlier on today.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK