Fiat Coupe Club UK

New turbo options.

Posted By: flyingcustard

New turbo options. - 11/02/2016 16:09

Hi all. I'm in need of a new turbo for my 20vtp. It's standard apart from a miltec exhaust with 200 cel race cat which kills standard seals.
So I'm looking for the best place to get a replacement with staggerd seals etc. Or is it worth getting a hybrid of some description.I'm not planning on fitting fmic's etc but a bit more squirt after a remap would be nice.
What's my options ?

Dave
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: New turbo options. - 11/02/2016 18:02

I bought a hybrid core off eBay. I forgot the name of the company but they also did a uprated standard core with staggered seals.

Re: New turbo options. - 11/02/2016 18:05

Their eBay user name is turborebuild-co-uk

Re: New turbo options. - 11/02/2016 18:56

I'll give you a tip - don't buy one second hand, like I did on the forum. Only to find out after having shipped to Midland Turbo for a refurb (precautionary before fitting) to find out that the housing is cracked and this in turn has damaged the shaft. Both beyond repair. Meaning shelling out over £600.00 on top of the purchase price to have all new components fitting - basically a complete new turbo! It was a GT28RS

This after it as being described as fully working with no problems!!

Hmmmmm!
Posted By: Mark_S

Re: New turbo options. - 11/02/2016 20:15

Originally Posted By: patch234
I'll give you a tip - don't buy one second hand, like I did on the forum. Only to find out after having shipped to Midland Turbo for a refurb (precautionary before fitting) to find out that the housing is cracked and this in turn has damaged the shaft. Both beyond repair. Meaning shelling out over £600.00 on top of the purchase price to have all new components fitting - basically a complete new turbo! It was a GT28RS

Hmmmmm!

What a bloody rip off grr grr

Re: New turbo options. - 11/02/2016 20:39

Here's an option > CLICK
Posted By: flyingcustard

Re: New turbo options. - 11/02/2016 20:51

Thanks everyone. I've made the Second hand turbo mistake so won't be going down that road. Which has me wondering about the link above. Hmmmm.

Re: New turbo options. - 11/02/2016 20:54

The seller in this case is solid and as honest as they come, that, in this day and age, is hard to come across! No worries!
Posted By: H_R

Re: New turbo options. - 11/02/2016 21:03

Hmmmmm!

I brought a second hand turbo from MrT still fine it's just down to the honesty of the seller, there are still some decent people around! and MrT was a true gent!
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: New turbo options. - 11/02/2016 21:07

Hmmmmm!

Ouch frown
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: New turbo options. - 11/02/2016 21:36

Have a butchers at this thread if you want more info on Hybrids. There are a few extra hybrids that have come to the fore since that post was written.

The turbo in the for sale ad is a refurbished original turbo, as it has staggered seals so with your race cat you'll get a bit more oomph after a remap.

If you go for a entry level hybrid (55 or 60 trim) you'll get similar spool but higher top end.

Bare in mind that remap with no further mods will give you a bit more oomph regardless.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK