Fiat Coupe Club UK

Calling out to the 4x4 clan :)

Posted By: Anonymous

Calling out to the 4x4 clan :) - 21/07/2015 16:14

This is a long shot i know!
Does the dedra and the q4 rear diff has the same final drive (dont know a better word) i hane a dedra gearbox, centre diff ant complete front subframe and can get my hands on a complete q4 rear end.
Posted By: Scuderia

Re: Calling out to the 4x4 clan :) - 22/07/2015 02:24

I would expect so but I can't confirm.

I'm sure both will physically fit the same so try find some technical data on the two cars. If they have the same final drive ratio it will be the same.

Re: Calling out to the 4x4 clan :) - 22/07/2015 05:44

Hi and thank you for chipping in smile
They dont have the same final drive, but since the final drive sits in the gearbox before the transfer case i wouldnt think it could do any difference..
Have been trying to find final drive ratios on them but it seems to be easier selling ice to eskimos laugh

Re: Calling out to the 4x4 clan :) - 22/07/2015 16:54

Ok, according to EPER and google smile seems the dedra uses the diff from the Delta integrale 8v and the q4 from the 16v.
At least crown and pinion wheel has same partnumbers.
Anyone know if theese are interchangable? Pretty sure it is but nice to know rolleyes
Posted By: Stichl

Re: Calling out to the 4x4 clan :) - 27/07/2015 06:30

You can change between Dedra and Q4 rear diff, both use same gear ratio.

Re: Calling out to the 4x4 clan :) - 27/07/2015 07:23

Thank you smile good news thumb
Posted By: Jopa_zgd

Re: Calling out to the 4x4 clan :) - 27/07/2015 14:14

Yes, and Q4 have Torsen rear diff, much better then Dedra's smile

Re: Calling out to the 4x4 clan :) - 27/07/2015 14:58

I know smile
Might buy a transfercase from a q4 or a delta 16v if one comes along but atleast i have the parts i need now..
Posted By: Stichl

Re: Calling out to the 4x4 clan :) - 28/07/2015 07:15

Originally Posted By: Jopa_zgd
Yes, and Q4 have Torsen rear diff, much better then Dedra's smile

This is right, but I heard from "unchecked site", that the more simple Dedra diff should hold more torque.
I cannot prove this, but years ago I read a thread about a really powerful Integrale doing quarter miles (about 800HP), its owner changed from Torsen to cheap Dedra diff after certain rear diff defects, because it should be stronger (maybe these diffs are cheaper, only - as I stated, I cannot prove this)

Up to now I do not have any problems with rear Torsen with really much power, but nevertheless this statement is very interesting.

Re: Calling out to the 4x4 clan :) - 28/07/2015 08:00

Would be very interresting to know wich parts that breaks on the thorsen.. The gears in the diff is very helical (is that the correct english term?) as in as far from straight cut you can get. This might make the whole assembly twist and brake? Same as helical gearbox vs straight cut
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK