Fiat Coupe Club UK

Turbo and uprated intercooler?

Posted By: Anonymous

Turbo and uprated intercooler? - 01/06/2014 20:56

Hi guys in looking for a decent turbo but I don't want to spend ridiculous money has anyone got one for sale and does anyone know where to get an uprated intercooler with piping? smile

Re: Turbo and uprated intercooler? - 01/06/2014 21:16

Uprated intercooler, there aren't any other than a front mounted
click HERE

Re: Turbo and uprated intercooler? - 01/06/2014 21:26

for the turbo I would ask flea, he does some decent ones.... the car may need re-mapping after fitting / changing this sort of part, same goes for font mounted intercooler... this is my thoughts for getting the best out of new said parts, but others may know better.

as for the intercooler - pro alloy front mounted intercooler is good, I have got one and fitted myself about two weeks ago... for a new one is about £550.... not cheap, but get what you pay for. takes about half a day or so to fit one and some bumper modification needed. I sprayed mine black to blend it in and give stealth look rather than showing it off so much.... also I remember from physics class's that a black metal object transfers heat better than an other coloured one, white for example... not a massive amount, but every little will help I suppose... each to there own smile

Re: Turbo and uprated intercooler? - 01/06/2014 21:32

Black absorbs heat and white reflects heat. ?
With an intercooler, in my opinion be no benefit or plus other than cosmetic.

Re: Turbo and uprated intercooler? - 01/06/2014 22:42

I've sprayed mine Black too. I don't want it on show.
Posted By: Flea

Re: Turbo and uprated intercooler? - 02/06/2014 19:05

This is out FMIC kit:

click to enlarge

The FC Performance front mounted intercooler kit is rated up to 400bhp and has been designed to be simple and easy to fit, while providing a significant reduction in air temperatures as measured at the inlet manifold (average 20-30°c less than the factory intercooler). It does not require cutting of the front bumper, foam brace or oil cooler duct, and is mounted directly to the chassis for extreme rigidity. The pipe routing has been optimised for ease of fitting and reduced turbo lag.

The FMIC kit comprises of intercooler, aluminium piping and hoses, hose clips, mounting bolts and bracket as well as full fitting instructions. Also available in black!

Re: Turbo and uprated intercooler? - 02/06/2014 19:25

My evo kit kits pipework is routed that way. smile
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Turbo and uprated intercooler? - 02/06/2014 19:32

Originally Posted By: nissansteve
I've sprayed mine Black too. I don't want it on show.

I have sprayed mine dayglo pink with tiny little orange and silver stars on it! It dont make the coupe any faster but puts the other drivers off when they see me behind them on track days.

Every little helps driving
Posted By: Moleman

Re: Turbo and uprated intercooler? - 02/06/2014 21:05

How much is this kit? And is it extra for black cool
Posted By: dw89

Re: Turbo and uprated intercooler? - 02/06/2014 21:47

Anodizing will be better then painting the intercooler black, as the paint will act as an insulator, making the heat transfer less efficient
Posted By: Flea

Re: Turbo and uprated intercooler? - 03/06/2014 19:03

Originally Posted By: Moleman
How much is this kit? And is it extra for black cool

The standard kit in stainless is £325 + shipping. This includes all hoses (black) and hose clips, with full fitting instructions. If you would like the kit in black, then this would be an extra £60. Hoses are available in black, red and blue.
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Turbo and uprated intercooler? - 03/06/2014 19:50

Please keep such posts to PMs in future.

Also this thread has turned into one for the tuning forum.

Forum Rules.
Posted By: Moleman

Re: Turbo and uprated intercooler? - 03/06/2014 20:45

coat
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK