Fiat Coupe Club UK

lightened flywheel and vibra tec engine mounts

Posted By: volumex

lightened flywheel and vibra tec engine mounts - 21/07/2012 03:34

bought a lightened flywheel of a fccuk member 2.5 kg lighter nothing mad it was fitted with a paddle clutch and i have noticed that the car is a lot smother when exhilarating so well worth the money the other thing is the uprated engine mount ... there seems to be a lot more cabin noise has anybody else found this
Posted By: Ferrarist

Re: lightened flywheel and vibra tec engine mounts - 21/07/2012 08:05

Had 4.5 kg flywheel on mine, alloy lightened crank pulley, and very happy as well.....
Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Re: lightened flywheel and vibra tec engine mounts - 21/07/2012 08:20

I think that the trade off with harder mounts is more cabin noise and vibration. You could fit Group N mounts on the little 106 Rallye and it was almost unbearable!
Posted By: szkom

Re: lightened flywheel and vibra tec engine mounts - 21/07/2012 13:32

Originally Posted By: pinin_prestatyn
I think that the trade off with harder mounts is more cabin noise and vibration. You could fit Group N mounts on the little 106 Rallye and it was almost unbearable!

Were they from BBM or peugeot sport items?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: lightened flywheel and vibra tec engine mounts - 21/07/2012 13:36

Skimmed, lightened and balanced flywheel seems to make a difference when fitting an uprated clutch.

Ross
Posted By: DavidL

Re: lightened flywheel and vibra tec engine mounts - 21/07/2012 21:04

Originally Posted By: Ferrarist
Had 4.5 kg flywheel on mine, alloy lightened crank pulley, and very happy as well.....

I got the same flywheel with a 4 paddle clutch...really rev happy engine. As for the vibratec engine mount, I didn't use the one the connects to the subframe (the centre one) because it causes too much vibration that I thought I've got Alzheimer...lol
Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Re: lightened flywheel and vibra tec engine mounts - 21/07/2012 22:31

Originally Posted By: szkom
Originally Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Were they from BBM or peugeot sport items?

peugeot sport I believe although not 100%. I remember thinking that it wasn't worth it for the extra vibration as my fillings worked themselves loose laugh
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: lightened flywheel and vibra tec engine mounts - 22/07/2012 06:51

David if I recall correctly you've had some trouble with the clutch slipping with this combination. Could you tell me if this true? Because I've had the same flywheel, (cufaro I assume) lying on the shelf a couplE of years. I'm planning to fit it alongside à C&G 6 paddle. Are there any things I should know in advance, could you give me any pointers? Thank you
Posted By: DavidL

Re: lightened flywheel and vibra tec engine mounts - 25/07/2013 06:26

Originally Posted By: Deviltje
David if I recall correctly you've had some trouble with the clutch slipping with this combination. Could you tell me if this true? Because I've had the same flywheel, (cufaro I assume) lying on the shelf a couplE of years. I'm planning to fit it alongside à C&G 6 paddle. Are there any things I should know in advance, could you give me any pointers? Thank you

I had a problem with the clutch slipping with the light weight flywheel and 4 paddle clutch... I can just rev it at any gear and after 5000 rpm it will slip all the way to oblivion. Then I realized that it's the relative position of the pressure plate with the fly wheel that made it slip. Check the position of the pressure plate before you put everything back. If you are using the C&G 6 paddle, then it shouldn't cause any hassle, it should be a direct fit.

Let me know if there's anything else that I can help you with, I've got some diagrams lying around that I can show you.

Cheers,

David
Posted By: plasticomnium

Re: lightened flywheel and vibra tec engine mounts - 25/07/2013 06:54

Originally Posted By: volumex
bought a lightened flywheel of a fccuk member 2.5 kg lighter nothing mad it was fitted with a paddle clutch and i have noticed that the car is a lot smother when exhilarating so well worth the money the other thing is the uprated engine mount ... there seems to be a lot more cabin noise has anybody else found this

I have the vibra tec mounts (fast road version) and yes, especially at idle rpm, the vibration has increased... while driving, I don't feel a big difference
Btw, I hope you have not bought the race version, as they are only recommended for race use... :-)

Jochen
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK