Fiat Coupe Club UK

Wheels Refurb

Posted By: Anonymous

Wheels Refurb - 06/10/2009 07:30

Hi Guys - can someone give me an idea of how much to refurb 4 wheels and spray them graphite?

A little curbing on the rims and a little flaking.

cheers spookone

Re: Wheels Refurb - 06/10/2009 07:31

£160-200ish , cheaper if DIY (there's a how to)

Re: Wheels Refurb - 06/10/2009 07:33

BJV Engineering are very well priced and do a very good powder coated graphite colour, not sure on your location though........
Posted By: Sedicivalvole

Re: Wheels Refurb - 06/10/2009 08:10

Mmm BJV frown
Posted By: simonj

Re: Wheels Refurb - 06/10/2009 13:32

£50 a corner or so. Bockers and Barmbybob used a firm I've seen highly recommended on other forums too (just can't remember their name!)

Re: Wheels Refurb - 06/10/2009 18:24

I know of a company in Swindon, Wiltshire.. Guy called Scott at Lepsons..Also a place in Bristol which is very good but not sure where you are located confused
Posted By: bockers

Re: Wheels Refurb - 06/10/2009 19:17

Originally Posted By: simonj
£50 a corner or so. Bockers and Barmbybob used a firm I've seen highly recommended on other forums too (just can't remember their name!)

BJV, but as Sedici found they can have an off day. Mine and Barmybobs are still perfect almost 2 years later.

Re: Wheels Refurb - 06/10/2009 19:59

cheers guys - I am in Sheffield.

How bad can the kerbing be before they are not fixable?
Posted By: bockers

Re: Wheels Refurb - 06/10/2009 20:03

Very, judging by how they fixed mine to as new
Posted By: Sedicivalvole

Re: Wheels Refurb - 07/10/2009 09:54

Originally Posted By: bockers

BJV, but as Sedici found they can have an off day. Mine and Barmybobs are still perfect almost 2 years later.

Indeed. They have redone four sets of alloys for me over the last few years. One set were good, one was okay ish. Another I refused the first finish. The last I refused twice until they did a proper job. Though none of my alloys have lasted more than 12/15 months frown

Seems to just be luck of the draw. I don't think I will be using them again and will try somebody else like Spit and Polish etc.

They are however very good at repairing wheels smile Just in a really remote part of the UK!

Re: Wheels Refurb - 07/10/2009 20:45

Spit and Polish are excellent. We used them on BMWs when I worked at a main dealer and I have used them all my wheels. They did a great job on the old Uno Turbo alloys with a machined face.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK