Fiat Coupe Club UK

Gear Knob Refurbishment

Posted By: Daley82

Gear Knob Refurbishment - 21/12/2020 22:08

Hi guys, I have a VT6 with a Plus interior and my gear knob has seen better days, has anyone used anyone to recommend when it comes to refurbishment? Im wanting it with the red stitching to match.
Posted By: jaaps2

Re: Gear Knob Refurbishment - 22/12/2020 19:47

The thread is equal to mölnlycke goliath 9361
Not sure if it is still available, my mother in law had some and repaired part of my plus seat. Can’t see the difference to the original.
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Gear Knob Refurbishment - 22/12/2020 20:32

What with wink's reference to "sara" and now carmine's "thread equalling mölnlycke goliath 9361" crazy , I'm beginning to think I must be suffering from dementia, still, maybe it's better than Coupe paranoia? Or just something lost in translation?
Posted By: carmine

Re: Gear Knob Refurbishment - 22/12/2020 22:25

ah ... now I understand.
i apologize for my english google translate, unfortunately i didn't study english well in italy, but in germany i learned german without going to school.
I do not take it but I laugh. Thanks anyway to everyone for the answers in the forum.

if I lose the "thread" of the translation "sara" someone to correct me. biglaugh biglaugh biglaugh biglaugh
Posted By: jaaps2

Re: Gear Knob Refurbishment - 23/12/2020 16:56

Originally Posted by DaveG
What with wink's reference to "sara" and now carmine's "thread equalling mölnlycke goliath 9361" crazy , I'm beginning to think I must be suffering from dementia, still, maybe it's better than Coupe paranoia? Or just something lost in translation?

Not sure if the correct word is yarn or thread. It’s not my native tongue either.

I tried to find the red thread / yarn on the internet. Not available, seems to be last produced in the 70s! Exact fit to the thread / yarn in my plus seats though. I asked my mother in law for it to be in our part of her heritage!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK