Fiat Coupe Club UK

reversing a de-badged coupe

Posted By: Gripped

reversing a de-badged coupe - 25/04/2018 10:45

And I don't mean how to go backwards in the car wink

If someone has removed the bonnet badge and filled the dimple before a re-spray, how would one reverse this without another re-spray?

I was thinking that you could cut a fine edge in the paint, then "scoop out" the filler (if you know exactly where it is)taking care to leave the surrounding paintwork intact. Then, once the dimple is back, you could put a bit of lacquer over the edges of the dimple it to seal, before hiding the join with the new badge. Has anyone tried this before?

Cheers
Posted By: DavidRobot

Re: reversing a de-badged coupe - 25/04/2018 19:49

I was also wondering the same.
Posted By: Clintos

Re: reversing a de-badged coupe - 25/04/2018 21:18

Id cut the badge pins off and just use a thin but strong double sided tape (plenty to choose from) and not risk damaging the paintwork.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: reversing a de-badged coupe - 26/04/2018 06:33

Not an easy one to undo, especially if the badge recess has been replaced with steel before paint.
Posted By: Gripped

Re: reversing a de-badged coupe - 26/04/2018 07:25

Good point about the steel... Magnet needed to detect!

Cheers
Posted By: DavidRobot

Re: reversing a de-badged coupe - 26/04/2018 10:43

I thought maybe a vinyl sticker would work, but not sure whether it’ll look naff?
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: reversing a de-badged coupe - 26/04/2018 11:27

Originally Posted By DavidRobot
I thought maybe a vinyl sticker would work, but not sure whether it’ll look naff?

yes
Posted By: Dan

Re: reversing a de-badged coupe - 26/04/2018 11:32

Perhaps you could find someone with the same colour car who wants a de-badged bonnet and do a no-cost swap?!
Posted By: Clintos

Re: reversing a de-badged coupe - 26/04/2018 14:58

Originally Posted By DavidRobot

definitely would look naff shocked
Posted By: Serg1

Re: reversing a de-badged coupe - 27/04/2018 07:45

I did it once. Take your time, measure, measure and measure again. Cover whole area with masking tape. Cut out original hole, do that from reverse side. With the whole clear position the badge. Tip when you position the badge before drawing the recess on the masking tape get a mirror and look at the badge in the mirror if it's slight out it will be more noticable in reverse. Start from the centre and slowly remove the filter down to original paint or metal. 10mm from the outer edge use various grades of paper and sand back until and find outer edge of the recess, at that point you should of exposed original paint. If you take care you shouldn't need to use any touch up paint.
Posted By: Lukasz_B

Re: reversing a de-badged coupe - 08/05/2018 17:32

Originally Posted By Clintos
Id cut the badge pins off and just use a thin but strong double sided tape (plenty to choose from) and not risk damaging the paintwork.

I guess this is the best solution.

Maybe you can also find in the UK a replacement for the original badge like in auction below.

http://allegro.pl/emblemat-znaczek-do-fiat-punto-bravo-seicento-i6494780347.html
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK