Fiat Coupe Club UK

5 stud wheel conversion

Posted By: skinflint

5 stud wheel conversion - 21/10/2017 15:59

In the spirit of biting off more than I can chew- I've come by a spare set of Alfa Blackline wheels and am wondering how hard it might be to fit them to the Coupe?
photo link

I see some people have done the modification but I don't see how they did it from web and forum searches.

If it was just some kind of hub component change I might be up for it.
Posted By: DaveG

Re: 5 stud wheel conversion - 21/10/2017 16:30

JohnS used to have 5 stud Alfa wheels on his car, here's a thread where he talks about what's involved, some quotes below...

Originally Posted By JohnS
...it is not possible to get a hub convertor because 2 lugs overlap on the same PCD and only 1 can overlap for a hub convertor. You can change to 5 stud alfa like my car is but you have to buy new hubs and discs which isn't cheap

Originally Posted By JohnS
In terms of the cost I think it was about 500 quid all-in when I did it but it is best done when your brake discs need changing anyway. The most expensive bits are the rear hubs as they are a 1 piece unit that requires a little simple machining.

Re: 5 stud wheel conversion - 21/10/2017 16:38

That's encouraging as it is just the hubs. Only question is which ones? There may be some hubs / discs from a scrap Alfa 156 that could be got cheaply maybe?
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: 5 stud wheel conversion - 21/10/2017 16:46

Are they 5x98 pcd?

It's an easy conversion, I have JohnS's rims fitted to my LE so if you need help with what's needed pm me.

Re: 5 stud wheel conversion - 22/10/2017 11:34

Thanks Joe
That would be great. I'm pretty sure they are 5 x 98 if that's the standard Alfa size.
I have some MOT work to do on the car first but it might be worth a trip down to see you and a trial fit to make sure there's enough clearance as they are huge in comparison to the standard Coupe wheels.
Would you know how to get the rear hubs machined? I'm guessing the ABS rings will need to be moved but the bearings look different at the rear too. I see Shop4Parts are almost giving away new rear 5 hole hubs (£23 each).
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK