Fiat Coupe Club UK

Fitting of a stubby DAB aerial

Posted By: Sean_C

Fitting of a stubby DAB aerial - 30/08/2017 16:24

I have fitted a DAB radio and the supplied aerial is absolutely rubbish. I am contemplating fitting one of these stubby aerials http://www.dabonwheels.co.uk/Kinetic_DRA-6003_FM-AM_DAB_car_aerial.html

I'm concerned about the looks. What do you guys think ?
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Fitting of a stubby DAB aerial - 30/08/2017 18:51

I'm not a fan, but is it possible for that part to be located inside the car such on top of the 'rear parcel shelf', or even hanging inside down beneath the rear 'parcel shelf' into the boot?
Posted By: Burty

Re: Fitting of a stubby DAB aerial - 08/09/2017 14:35

Hi
I fitted a Kinetic ZY DIGA-R2001 internal glass-mounted aerial to hook up with a PURE DAB unit. Had it around 18 months now and it's been perfect even in dodgy reception areas.
I bought it from here:
http://www.dabonwheels.co.uk/Kinetic_ZY_High_Performance_Internal_Glass_Mount_DAB_car_Aerial.html
Posted By: wink

Re: Fitting of a stubby DAB aerial - 20/06/2019 12:48

Thread resurrection - what did you fit in the end? I see that the Kinetic internal aerial linked above is no longer stocked. My DAB reception is rubbish (using Alpine internal aerial) but I don't fancy cutting a hole in the roof shocked
Posted By: Freddie

Re: Fitting of a stubby DAB aerial - 20/06/2019 18:14

I had a Kenwood DAB radio professionally installed for £160 fully inclusive of the stereo, the aerial is fitted onto the widescreen, I'm very satisfied with it at least now I can receive and make phone calls with ease through it
Posted By: Burty

Re: Fitting of a stubby DAB aerial - 13/09/2019 17:43

As per my post above, The Kinetic internal glass-mounted one is still giving a great DAB signal and the adhesive is still perfect.
Posted By: wink

Re: Fitting of a stubby DAB aerial - 16/09/2019 09:13

Freddie, do you have any info. on the make/model of the DAB aerial that you're using? None of the windscreen-mounted ones currently listed by dabonwheels seem to have very good performance.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK