Fiat Coupe Club UK

New Car selection

Posted By: Anonymous

New Car selection - 08/06/2006 15:24

Right, my coupe is going up for sale in the next few weeks. Have enjoyed it thoroughly but time for something a little more pleasent to sit in in a traffic jam.. which is where i spend half my time...! and something i can use as a track day weapon (with a warranty) and no fear of breaking anything. (would love to have taken the coupe but fealt guilty about taking her in case she got damaged so never bothered..)

I think I have narrowed it down to 2; M3 or C32 AMG changing my mind between the 2 on a daily basis. Both are similar when driven although one is all torque the other all revs based on my limited test drives but pretty much as quick as each other. The M3 is the more thorough bred with a manual gearbox although the auto in the Merc appeals for those daily traffic jam runs..
others further down the list are audi s4, vw tourag ( big tdi ) and land rover discovey ( again tdi) Bit of a mix but im if a get a 4wd i will buy the misses an s2000 or similar.

Anyone got any recommendations or personal longer term experience/track day experience with either?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: New Car selection - 08/06/2006 15:40

Have had a fair amount of bum in seat action with a New M3, as my old man has one and I use it a lot.

Great for traffic and suprsingly agile for a huge tank. excellent power band. Id go for the BMW over the AMG.

The clutch is fairly light in the bimmer and I have never found it a pain in traffic
Posted By: bockers

Re: New Car selection - 08/06/2006 16:14

Try posting this in the other cars section. SOem interesting discussions on non coupes there.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK