Fiat Coupe Club UK

Feeling the love...

Posted By: Anonymous

Feeling the love... - 20/05/2010 14:03

I think I have finally got my coupe exactly how I want it.

This is my 3rd coupe - 7 years after buying my first one in 2003 - and it has taken this long to get the car I really want.

It looks exactly how I wanted (zender kit,PIU bumper, debadged, black alloys, lowered 30mm), It handles perfectly and is not too hard (Eibachs, new standard shocks, strut brace) and for me the power is exactly right for the FWD chassis (1.2 bar Gtec1 - probably 245 bhp ish).

It may be controversial, but for me any more power and you have a point-and-squirt device which the handling/traction cannot cope with. It is just right like this IMHO.

Fitting a nice new Forge DV was the final piece of the puzzle - so much smoother and sounds so much better now.

So, I am in that rare place where there are no further mods I want or need and it's just a case of maintaining and enjoying.

These truly are terrific cars when you get them sorted - I don't care what people say about newer machines (RS Focus, Megan, VW stuff). newer cars are more comfortable but when it comes to sheer driving pleasure, the coupe can still hold its own. I am in love all over again.
(Will probably explode next week).

Re: Feeling the love... - 20/05/2010 14:12

well done, i'm very jealous laugh
Posted By: Hovedan

Re: Feeling the love... - 20/05/2010 14:17

Pics? Sounds not too disimilar to how mine will look once my PIU goes on.

Exactly what cars are for, enjoying!
Posted By: JLow75

Re: Feeling the love... - 20/05/2010 14:18

The last coupe I managed to get hold of (That was my 3rd) I loved it...

& went & sold it in January grr because I didn't think could justify the maintenence & running costs after buying a new house
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Feeling the love... - 20/05/2010 14:28

Originally Posted By: neil20vt
So, I am in that rare place where there are no further mods I want or need

no such place in my experience - Coupes just beg to be "improved"

However, if you can find it in yourself to just drive and enjoy it, you'll probably get just as much out of it as someone who has spent more money that they dare to admit

Re: Feeling the love... - 20/05/2010 16:00

Am very envious!! I look forward to the day when I can say the same, though I think it would have to be of a Plus or LE so that day may still be some way off!! frown

Re: Feeling the love... - 20/05/2010 17:18

brilliant i wish i can experience the content feeling you describe and actually keep one!! any pics of your perfect ride?

Re: Feeling the love... - 20/05/2010 17:52

I have this one before it was lowered. I must wax her up and take a few more.

click to enlarge

Re: Feeling the love... - 20/05/2010 18:07

click to enlarge

That looks stunning...well done on reaching coupe contentment...a rare place indeed laugh

Re: Feeling the love... - 20/05/2010 19:07

Must be a nice place to be. It does look good.
I am at the other end if the scale recently bought ink black 20vt. Done quite alot but just as much ( I feel to do again)
Will be respraying mine soon and by your pics it convinces me to debadge the bonnet.
I have returned to the coupe after many years. I had a four month old P reg Porto 20vt and didn't dare touch it other than service it. Now I feel I can enjoy it a little more by the hands on approach, but looking back it was nice when everything worked and was shiney and new. Guess that's where you are now!
Should we love you or hate you?
Be inspired is better.

Re: Feeling the love... - 21/05/2010 00:13

i remember this one now a beauty ,think i would want to keep too... you were contemplating selling briefly.....not seen many better modern clean looking sprinty's for a while.when it looks that good why buy a newer car??
Posted By: MarioCirillo

Re: Feeling the love... - 21/05/2010 06:27

click to enlarge

That car rings a bell... wasnt Dids old car was it?

Re: Feeling the love... - 21/05/2010 07:17

Thanks for the kind comments. I am inspired now to take a few more snaps.

Yes it was Did's car - he kindly had it resprayed for me during his ownership period too.

Re: Feeling the love... - 21/05/2010 09:34

Ah my old ride, she is missed and was a beauty I must say!

I think I'd love to have that 1 and my current 16vt together as they are 2 very different cars but both fantastic!

Yep I did get the entire car repainted at the same place that just resprayed my 16vt and like Neil I'm at the same place with this one. Just needs my 'Grale wheels to finish it off once they been 'furbed and then good times!

Glad you're enjoying the 20vt though Neil she's a pristine example in my eyes!

Oh but it wasn't resprayed for you, it was for me but lost my job...dag nabbit! Still there was a silver lining in the end smile

Re: Feeling the love... - 21/05/2010 11:25

I know - didn't mean to be flippant. Glad you are back in coupe ownership - so much for the scooter then smile (Nice sig too - I forgot you are a web designer).

You would love the new recaro seats I've put in also - that was one big piece of my perfect coupe puzzle.

Re: Feeling the love... - 21/05/2010 11:42

I'd love to see a pic of it now matey all lowered with the seats! Perhaps I could arrange a photoshoot with you and put yours and mine together in a few of them too?

I'm after some Carrelli's for mine as I hear they are a very good mod for the interior as you say.

smile Glad it's being looked after!

Re: Feeling the love... - 22/05/2010 17:50

Got a few more pics, including the seats.

I just used AutoGlym polish for the first time. I had always sworn by Mer but a professional told me that was censored! I had always thought Autoglym was a Halfords level mediocre polish but today I tried it on the bonnet... it rocks as you can clearly see in the 1st pic - (the rest of the car had only been washed at that stage):

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Seats:

click to enlarge

Just remembered my car is not actually perfect. For 90% of the year I see the lack of aircon as something less to go wrong - days like today cast it in a different light frown

Re: Feeling the love... - 22/05/2010 17:56

Stunning shine love

Autoglym SRP is well respected on the detailers forum.

try Autoglym paint Sealant afterwards, that seems a usual combo with good results

Re: Feeling the love... - 22/05/2010 18:13

Thanks smile

I have this expensive wax (£30 a smallish tin) which I put on after I polish. That's good stuff too but I will check out the Sealant thing.

Re: Feeling the love... - 22/05/2010 18:14

Great work Neil, your car looks outstanding - weather's nice again tomorrow, I expect you'll be showing off that paintwork the roads then smile

Re: Feeling the love... - 22/05/2010 18:20

Thanks buddy.

I certainly will be driving her tomorrow, whereupon every bug in the western hemisphere will choose my car to expire upon. Seriously I think there are maybe 2 months a year in this country when you can drive your car without it becoming filthy - mid spring and mid autumn. The rest of the time it's too wet, too muddy, or there are midges by the million.

OK, I'm done. soapbox

Re: Feeling the love... - 22/05/2010 18:43

I'm not going disagree with that - I took my father home the other night (80 mile round trip), came home in the dark, meaning my HID's were on for the return journey, you can imagine my joy upon looking at the car in the morning!!

Re: Feeling the love... - 22/05/2010 20:01

By your sig, your car looks pretty lush also. Got any good ones post polish?

Re: Feeling the love... - 22/05/2010 20:24

lol, believe me, I got loads wink - How about this one...
click to enlarge

Re: Feeling the love... - 22/05/2010 20:29

Originally Posted By: patch234
click to enlarge

I think you should take the house sticker off. Decals are not to my tastes laugh

Re: Feeling the love... - 22/05/2010 21:01

I'll have to give mine a good polish/wax and get some reflection shots

Re: Feeling the love... - 22/05/2010 22:04

We should start a thread - random items reflected in coupes. I think I'll start with Angelina Jolie followed by the Taj Mahal (not sure which is less likely).

Re: Feeling the love... - 22/05/2010 22:28

These truly are terrific cars when you get them sorted - I don't care what people say about newer machines (RS Focus, Megan, VW stuff). newer cars are more comfortable but when it comes to sheer driving pleasure, the coupe can still hold its own.

Here here... thumb

Re: Feeling the love... - 23/05/2010 02:43

banghead

WAAAAAAAAAAGH!! !! !!

I hate all of you! ! ! !

irked
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Feeling the love... - 23/05/2010 07:39

Originally Posted By: Hovedan
click to enlarge

I think you should take the house sticker off. Decals are not to my tastes laugh

Blow the sticker - better move it before that white car backs into it!

Re: Feeling the love... - 23/05/2010 09:30

Neil's crap guesses at cars: Is that an older shape Megan??

Re: Feeling the love... - 23/05/2010 11:04

Mid work in progress today;

click to enlarge

And second showing crocked Barchetta frown

click to enlarge

Re: Feeling the love... - 23/05/2010 13:22

Neil's crap guesses at cars: Is that an older shape Megan??

Nope laugh
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Feeling the love... - 23/05/2010 15:22

Other Neil's crap guess... I'm thinking Honda?

Re: Feeling the love... - 23/05/2010 16:14

Nope laugh

Re: Feeling the love... - 23/05/2010 18:07

Beautiful work Hovedan.

OK, first neil's second crap, but less ambitious guess: It is a Renault of some kind? Or at least French? It is a form of automotive transport, yes? I can always spot those.

Re: Feeling the love... - 23/05/2010 18:48

The warped image has given me a headache, but I'll plump for a Mk3 Toyota Supra?

Re: Feeling the love... - 23/05/2010 18:54

Both wrong, mwhaahahahahaha - but yes automotive transport. Don't worry about what it is anyway, who really cares laugh lol

Nice work Dan on your car, makes a change to see that one clean I must say laugh

Re: Feeling the love... - 23/05/2010 18:57

Nice work Dan on your car, makes a change to see that one clean I must say laugh

Oi, censored

Re: Feeling the love... - 23/05/2010 19:33

Both wrong, mwhaahahahahaha - but yes automotive transport. Don't worry about what it is anyway, who really cares laugh lol

Now you are just teasing us wink This would infact make my idea an even better thread - can you identify the car (or object) distorted by the reflection? We could do a weekly competition with the occasional variation on the theme (a reflection of my bare censored and you have to guess my weight, etc.)

Last guess - it's Japanese, a Hyundai?

Re: Feeling the love... - 23/05/2010 19:37

Last guess is wrong, not a Hyundai rofl

Re: Feeling the love... - 23/05/2010 19:52

Well I have too much pride to guess again (for example, by suggesting it's a mitsubishi charisma) having said that was my last guess.

Re: Feeling the love... - 23/05/2010 19:57

hahahhaha, you're funny neil thumb I like it

Actually ............... on this occasion .............. you're wrong again rofl
Posted By: JKD

Re: Feeling the love... - 23/05/2010 20:24

It looks like an old shape Toyota Corolla / Mazda 323/626.

Re: Feeling the love... - 23/05/2010 20:27

And the JK has it. Corolla it is thumb

Re: Feeling the love... - 23/05/2010 20:32

Oh come on now I was very close with the Toyota Supra?!

Who's got the next picture in the series of "distorted motors"?

Re: Feeling the love... - 23/05/2010 21:11

Bugger.

I think it deserves a new thread. I will go out tomorrow and park next to the most obscure bloody car I can find grr
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK