Fiat Coupe Club UK

Standard Coupe jack

Posted By: MCMike

Standard Coupe jack - 18/05/2010 17:22

Quick one - does the standard Coupe jack lift up the whole side of the car, eg for swapping front and rear wheels on one side.

I normally use a trolley, but this might be easier for changeovers
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Standard Coupe jack - 18/05/2010 17:24

Trolley at the front, standard jack at the rear is what iv done before.....

Re: Standard Coupe jack - 18/05/2010 17:30

no
Posted By: MattM

Re: Standard Coupe jack - 18/05/2010 19:03

It does on my car mike. I can put the standard jack under the front mounting point and it lifts both wheels.

Possibly because i have upgraded arb's front and rear(like yourself)

i've started using an impact wrench to jack it too-only takes 2 minutes, brilliant buy

Re: Standard Coupe jack - 18/05/2010 19:53

well my one does not if I put the jack in the right place (as per the manual).....not saying I could move it along a bit and jack the whole side up if I was that way inclined.
On a standard car......one wheel
Posted By: Kelv27

Re: Standard Coupe jack - 18/05/2010 21:21

I can lift up the whole side with mine as well..thats if you jack it closer to the middle of the car.

Re: Standard Coupe jack - 18/05/2010 21:28

Originally Posted By: Kelv27
I can lift up the whole side with mine as well..thats if you jack it closer to the middle of the car.

That was my point.....although you can do it.....you should not if you care to read the manual.
I could probably get a block of wood under the center of the car and jack the whole thing off the ground.....but is that right crazy
Posted By: Kelv27

Re: Standard Coupe jack - 18/05/2010 21:29

For the sake of safety, I wouldn't do that as well. Better to just do one at a time. With a cordless impact gun, its a doddle!

Re: Standard Coupe jack - 18/05/2010 21:38

Originally Posted By: Kelv27
For the sake of safety, I wouldn't do that as well. Better to just do one at a time. With a cordless impact gun, its a doddle!

thumb

Re: Standard Coupe jack - 19/05/2010 08:39

Trolley jacks are £20 from Halfauds, Ok they're not brilliant but bang for buck they're ideal and they jack both the front and rear of the car up at the front jacking point
Posted By: MCMike

Re: Standard Coupe jack - 19/05/2010 08:44

Thanks for the comments lads, I'm just thinking that for track days, etc. just taking the std jack rather than a trolley jack & mini ramp will be a lot easier and take up less space in the car. cool
Posted By: MattM

Re: Standard Coupe jack - 19/05/2010 09:27

Didcoop - a halfords trolley jack wont fit under a lowered car with le skirts on.

Re: Standard Coupe jack - 19/05/2010 09:32

I get round this by placing 2 very solid pieces of wood in front of the front tyres, I drive up onto them, this lifts the car by an inch or 2, which then allows the trolley jack to fit under the skirt....
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK