Fiat Coupe Club UK

sacrilege

Posted By: Anonymous

sacrilege - 16/05/2010 17:34

a friend (local to me) came around in his 16vt, we were trying to get the airbag diagnostic software working on his car and do some coupe maintenance .. when he removed his chrome LE rings and put them onto mine.....

...I really liked them and have now ordered a set of ebay although I am ashamed to say that as I feel that I am betraying my plus model coat , after all they weren't part of the plus makeup.

The chrome rings and silver dash line really works and at least they're an easy on/off addition smile

What I didn't know was, that there are LE chrome surrounds for the door speakers as well chinny

Fiat Coupe 'Limited Edition Plus Model' laugh
Posted By: whatmoretyres

Re: sacrilege - 16/05/2010 17:35

You're just adding weight and making your car slower...
Posted By: bockers

Re: sacrilege - 16/05/2010 17:52

They are nothing to do with the LE.

I have the clock, heater speedo and speaker ones. The speaker ones are especially good cool

Re: sacrilege - 16/05/2010 18:17

Originally Posted By: bockers
They are nothing to do with the LE.

are you referring to the speakers ?

If so, i've only had a close look at one LE interior, so just assumed they were part of the other chrome rings .. I stand corrected but they do look cool smile
Posted By: magooagain

Re: sacrilege - 16/05/2010 19:35

Check the fuel pump relay Steve,and change it whatever.
Good luck mate.

Re: sacrilege - 19/05/2010 20:45

Duncan,
Was that my interior? Def not an LE thing, but it realy lifts the drab black plastic. I ummed and arred whether to do it, but I'm glad I did now smile There are diferent sets out there I think mine is a Fiat accessory set? Curved edge speedo rings etc. and flat brushed ally speaker rings. Hope yours fits Ok if not a touch of blu-tac helps wink

Re: sacrilege - 20/05/2010 22:18

Rings are the one thing that make you wonder why Fiat didn't do it from the factory. Once fitted after a week or two remove them and notice how terribly bare it all looks......Must have easy-Mod IMO

Re: sacrilege - 21/05/2010 07:27

Originally Posted By: Pondman
Duncan,
Was that my interior? Def not an LE thing, but it realy lifts the drab black plastic. I ummed and arred whether to do it, but I'm glad I did now smile There are diferent sets out there I think mine is a Fiat accessory set? Curved edge speedo rings etc. and flat brushed ally speaker rings. Hope yours fits Ok if not a touch of blu-tac helps wink

yes it was your interior, I had a good nose when we were at Horsham. I hadn't seen the interior of the LE up close before so just assumed the chrome speaker rings were standard paper

They certainly look good though smile

I'm going to pick mine up from the post office now.

Re: sacrilege - 21/05/2010 10:51

These were the first things I ever bought for my coop. They make a very good looking interior look even better.
Posted By: barnacle

Re: sacrilege - 21/05/2010 10:57

Funny how different people are. They'd be the first thing I'd remove...

Re: sacrilege - 21/05/2010 11:23

Me = love
Barnacle = hurl

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

Re: sacrilege - 21/05/2010 12:03

Im just not sure about them, they look good in the pictures, but really need to see in the metal.

Lovely coop Duncan wink

Re: sacrilege - 21/05/2010 20:53

Yeah, at least you can take them off easy if you're not keen on 'em
they were 30 quid so wasn't too much of a risk!

Was your moon grey parked opposite mine at Brooklands? Only 2 moon greys there and lots of common Vinci LEs, So much nicer having a rare colour smile

Re: sacrilege - 21/05/2010 21:06

i took my ally rings off my plus, they made the displays look too small, but on a lighter colour like yours duncan they look pretty darn good... cool
Posted By: Baz76

Re: sacrilege - 21/05/2010 21:18

I painted my dash rings black click to enlarge it gives the clocks a bit of a Porsche look IMHO.

Baz smile

Re: sacrilege - 21/05/2010 21:24

I like the black look but getting rid of my rings, quite like it with out.
Posted By: magooagain

Re: sacrilege - 21/05/2010 21:52

I am so busy being happy with the performance, the dash does not even figure!!

Re: sacrilege - 22/05/2010 07:25

I like the black look smile .. I guess the colour of the dash strip is what makes it work, not sure whether black ones would go with my silver strip as well as the chrome ones do.

Even the girlfriend liked the chrome rings so they must be ok! She said it gave it a vintage look confused

I don't know if thats good or bad to be honest
Posted By: barnacle

Re: sacrilege - 22/05/2010 18:48

Chrome rings on instruments? http://www.nisonger.com/smiths-parts.htm
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK