Fiat Coupe Club UK

Blown up 20VT from AGM... I'm back!

Posted By: Anonymous

Blown up 20VT from AGM... I'm back! - 15/12/2009 15:04

Originally Posted By: proccy
mikey? is that really you? the blown coupe at the agm????

Hi proccy! Yup, its me - I thought I'd start a new thread so as not to clog up the one about HIDs!

I've been back on the road a while now, but not been active on the forum as a holiday & repaying debt for the repairs have put any coop related projects/outings on hold... rolleyes

Joe very helpfully cut a deal with the cowboys who did my new top end to fit a recon engine free of charge, so I was able to afford it (just!) Well worth it though! cool

Re: Blown up 20VT from AGM... I'm back! - 15/12/2009 15:18

well let me be amongst the first to welcome you back mate and say how good it is that Joe was able to do that for you. top man is Joe.

now mikey you need to look at the spaitalia thread and get saving!! it'd be great to see your car on a french/belgian roadside (kidding fgs!)

get to some meets matey.... cool

just to say, we were chatting about you at the weekend at cosford - there were a couple of rough looking silver ones so naturally we thought of you.... laugh
Posted By: coupedummy

Re: Blown up 20VT from AGM... I'm back! - 15/12/2009 15:33

Nice meeting you the other day mikey. Hope joe sorted your coupe out!
Posted By: Sedicivalvole

Re: Blown up 20VT from AGM... I'm back! - 15/12/2009 15:44

Welcome back Mikey.

We were wondering if you would make it back to the fold after the AGM.

Don't let Proccy put you off. He is just an argumentative sod tongue
Posted By: MattM

Re: Blown up 20VT from AGM... I'm back! - 15/12/2009 16:13

After taking the piss out of you at the roadside, when your engine went, karma struck me a blow, and my engine blew up!
Posted By: samsite999

Re: Blown up 20VT from AGM... I'm back! - 15/12/2009 16:13

Hi Mike!

Indeed we did have a chat about you at the midlands meet, we haven't seen much from you of late!

Glad to know your back on your feet with this one, I was geuninly gutted to here about your problmes at the AGM especially after you telling me about your belts letting go shortly after you got the car

save up and come to the spa with us all! its going to be a very good meet!

Re: Blown up 20VT from AGM... I'm back! - 15/12/2009 16:43

Hi Mike

Glad to see you back.

Re: Blown up 20VT from AGM... I'm back! - 15/12/2009 16:48

Hi mike!!

Glad to have you back mate!
My gear box went pop so it's all good on the go bang side of things!!!

Joe is the man!

How's she running now then mate?

Re: Blown up 20VT from AGM... I'm back! - 15/12/2009 16:58

hey mikey, if you come to the meets please wear that linen suit again, it was hilarious priceless....

Re: Blown up 20VT from AGM... I'm back! - 15/12/2009 17:00

hey mikey, if you come to the meets please wear that linen suit again, it was hilarious priceless....

rofl

Re: Blown up 20VT from AGM... I'm back! - 15/12/2009 17:58

Originally Posted By: coupedummy
Nice meeting you the other day mikey. Hope joe sorted your coupe out!

Nice to meet you too mate!

Actually, it turned out Joe didn't have the engine mount I needed... blush but he sorted my bonnet catch & swapped my broken grab handles out so it was worth the trip! laugh

Re: Blown up 20VT from AGM... I'm back! - 15/12/2009 18:04

Originally Posted By: MattM
After taking the piss out of you at the roadside, when your engine went, karma struck me a blow, and my engine blew up!

Hi Matt

Yeah, I saw your thread, really gutted for you man! cry

You know that's actually what happened to mine in the first place - auxiliary belt went & jammed the cam belt - luckily I was going about 3mph when it happened though! Still it obviously weakened the bottom end at the same time! grr

Hope you get yours back up & running mate!

Re: Blown up 20VT from AGM... I'm back! - 15/12/2009 18:08

Originally Posted By: samsite999
Hi Mike!

Indeed we did have a chat about you at the midlands meet, we haven't seen much from you of late!

Glad to know your back on your feet with this one, I was geuninly gutted to here about your problmes at the AGM especially after you telling me about your belts letting go shortly after you got the car

save up and come to the spa with us all! its going to be a very good meet!

Cheers Sam!

You bought the bee!! I was admiring it when I was up at Joe's back in September, sweet car! love

I shall try to get the cash together for Spa - when do you lot normally head out on the Friday? I'll keep my eyes open for other meets in the meantime!

Re: Blown up 20VT from AGM... I'm back! - 15/12/2009 18:15

Originally Posted By: Marco20valveT
Hi mike!!

Glad to have you back mate!
My gear box went pop so it's all good on the go bang side of things!!!

Joe is the man!

How's she running now then mate?

Hi Marco!

Cheers mate, sorry to hear about your 'box... Still I'm sure Joe can source & fit a replacement for an affordable price. smile You thought about going for a 6 speed?

Mine's running nicely now thanks, the recon engine that went in got a new big end & shells, so oil pressure is 2.9 bar hot! cool

I've been meaning to try to make it to one of the Figaros meets but its a bit of a mission from me to be honest. Is there one coming up after Christmas sometime?

Re: Blown up 20VT from AGM... I'm back! - 15/12/2009 18:17

Originally Posted By: porkypaul

rofl

Oh, I never drive the car without wearing it these days! hehe
Posted By: Taffy20vt

Re: Blown up 20VT from AGM... I'm back! - 15/12/2009 18:26

Nice to see you back Mikey thumb
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Blown up 20VT from AGM... I'm back! - 15/12/2009 19:59

now mikey you need to look at the spaitalia thread and get saving!! it'd be great to see your car on a french/belgian roadside (kidding fgs!)

just to say, we were chatting about you at the weekend at cosford - there were a couple of rough looking silver ones so naturally we thought of you.... laugh

What are you like Steve rofl I just spat my cup of tea all over my keyboard laughing at your post laugh

Good to see you back on the forum Mike, sorry I wasn't on the ball shall we say Saturday thumb
Posted By: coupedummy

Re: Blown up 20VT from AGM... I'm back! - 15/12/2009 20:04

Originally Posted By: Countrycruising
What are you like Steve rofl I just spat my cup of tea all over my keyboard laughing at your post laugh

Good to see you back on the forum Mike, sorry I wasn't on the ball shall we say Saturday thumb

Dont worry Joe we wont hold it against you!You did well to even get to work on sat,felt guilty you were ill.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Blown up 20VT from AGM... I'm back! - 15/12/2009 20:31

It's the passion for the cars Reuben laugh and I know how limited you are for having any time off thumb
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Blown up 20VT from AGM... I'm back! - 15/12/2009 21:54

Hi Mikey, welcome back cool

Re: Blown up 20VT from AGM... I'm back! - 15/12/2009 22:59

there were a couple of rough looking silver ones so naturally we thought of you.... laugh

I resent that Proccy! irked

No wait - I agree with you biglaugh

Re: Blown up 20VT from AGM... I'm back! - 15/12/2009 23:22

Originally Posted By: Countrycruising

Hey, no worries Joe, like Reuben said, mitigating circumstances etc. we won't hold it against you! tongue

Thanks for sorting my bonnet & grab handles thumb
Posted By: cowboy

Re: Blown up 20VT from AGM... I'm back! - 15/12/2009 23:57

well done lad for not giving up on the car.

Re: Blown up 20VT from AGM... I'm back! - 16/12/2009 09:03

Originally Posted By: mikeyc

I shall try to get the cash together for Spa - when do you lot normally head out on the Friday? I'll keep my eyes open for other meets in the meantime!

mikey we're heading out friday on the 8am ferry, but staying thursday night at the trvaelodge in ashford. read the thread lad!

if you're serious about coming you need to get a £35 deposit to petep asap. budget between £400 - £700 for that weekend.

Re: Blown up 20VT from AGM... I'm back! - 16/12/2009 14:07

Hi Mike,

Glad to hear you have finally got it sorted.

You have not had the best of luck with that car have you. frown

I feel a bit guilty for selling you the car.

Auxillary belt jamming the cambelt you said. That belt had not been on there very long.
Posted By: Barmybob

Re: Blown up 20VT from AGM... I'm back! - 16/12/2009 16:06

Great to hear that my exercise machine is up and running again, pushing your car off that roundabout nearly killed me!!! laugh
Posted By: MarioCirillo

Re: Blown up 20VT from AGM... I'm back! - 16/12/2009 16:47

Hello Mike
Remember me.... i was behind you on the roundabout and whent off to get the rest of the guys. Its great you have a new car now. Since the AGM my car is no more :o( but i will be making a come back sometime soon as well!

Its great to have you back on the forum! Do you have any pics of your new car?

Mario

Re: Blown up 20VT from AGM... I'm back! - 16/12/2009 17:33

Originally Posted By: symonh2000
Hi Mike,

Auxillary belt jamming the cambelt you said. That belt had not been on there very long.

Hi Simon,

Don't feel bad mate, I'm sure it could've happened to anyone! In fact it recently happened to another guy on here, I'm not sure if you saw MattM's thread...

How's the GTV going these days??

Re: Blown up 20VT from AGM... I'm back! - 16/12/2009 17:36

Originally Posted By: Barmybob
Great to hear that my exercise machine is up and running again, pushing your car off that roundabout nearly killed me!!! laugh

Yeah, thanks again! With any luck you'll have to find alternative means of keeping fit! laugh

Re: Blown up 20VT from AGM... I'm back! - 16/12/2009 17:41

Originally Posted By: MarioCirillo
Hello Mike
Remember me.... i was behind you on the roundabout and whent off to get the rest of the guys. Its great you have a new car now. Since the AGM my car is no more :o( but i will be making a come back sometime soon as well!

Its great to have you back on the forum! Do you have any pics of your new car?

Mario

Hi Mario,

I'm still driving the same car mate! Its got a recon. engine in now with nice high oil pressure! cool

I know EXACTLY the car you need to buy: THIS! love

Re: Blown up 20VT from AGM... I'm back! - 16/12/2009 18:07

Originally Posted By: mikeyc
Originally Posted By: symonh2000
Hi Mike,

Hi Simon,

Don't feel bad mate, I'm sure it could've happened to anyone! In fact it recently happened to another guy on here, I'm not sure if you saw MattM's thread...

How's the GTV going these days??

The GTV is going ok cheers, I have had a few problems, but I have managed to sort most of them.
The cambelt needs doing as the timing is out slightly, and it needs new front tyres and wishbones but other than that its going pretty well.

I also need to refit the bumper as it is not on straight, and I discovered after I bought it that the front crossmember is slightly bent so the radiator is sitting at an angle. rolleyes
I miss the performance of the Coupe I must say, even though the GTV handles better.

Your car breaking annoyed me a lot as I made a point of getting the belts done to avoid problems like that.
The Auxillary belt setup is a crap design though
Posted By: MCMike

Re: Blown up 20VT from AGM... I'm back! - 17/12/2009 03:06

Welcome back Mikey - i'm glad you stuck with the Coupe - think of all the future meetings...priceless
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK