Fiat Coupe Club UK

20VT alloys to refurb or not before selling...

Posted By: Anonymous

20VT alloys to refurb or not before selling... - 03/10/2006 20:20

I have a spare set of 20VT alloys with a couple of good tyres (other two are worn). I was wondering if it was worth getting them refurbed before selling or whether the difference in sale price wouldn't be worth it.

As a relative new fccuk board member, I've never seen a refurbed set up for sale, so have no idea what they might be worth. Any ideas?

Andy

Re: 20VT alloys to refurb or not before selling... - 03/10/2006 20:26

The car I just bought has refurbished 20VT alloys and they look great.

I think depending on the market value, get them done as it would make them easier to sell, they are off the car after all!

Maybe others would disagree?

Re: 20VT alloys to refurb or not before selling... - 03/10/2006 20:27

Mine are in the Haggling section and are worth about £400-450 but cost me about £600, total .

Where abouts are you in Bath? I haven't seen you around...

Re: 20VT alloys to refurb or not before selling... - 03/10/2006 20:32

Actually in a village north east of bath. I can be seen me most mornings heading for M4 J18 and then west towards Bristol...

Re: 20VT alloys to refurb or not before selling... - 03/10/2006 20:41

That's why I haven't seen you then I'm South of Bath near Frome.

This is turning into a women's coffee morning natter, sorry.

Anyway, not worth the bother of refurbing IMO as more people are looking to paint wheels themselves to save a bit of money. Kingpleb always seems to be up for a cheap set of wheels.
Posted By: Emjay

Re: 20VT alloys to refurb or not before selling... - 03/10/2006 20:50

I wouldn't bother - unless you do a good job and do it yourself you are unlikely to cover the cost from the sale price.

Re: 20VT alloys to refurb or not before selling... - 03/10/2006 20:52

That's me told then

Re: 20VT alloys to refurb or not before selling... - 03/10/2006 21:24

Yeah personally dont bother refurbing. DIY if you must or a cheap place at £25 a pop is worth a go to boost the sale value but really they dont seem worth more than £150 at the minute no matter what tyres they come with...
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK