Fiat Coupe Club UK

Keeping the Faith?

Posted By: Master_Mariner

Keeping the Faith? - 02/11/2023 13:48

Hi All hope all are good,

A timely email from the Club (Pete P) with the latest news letter made me realise...when the heck was the last time I had a chance to log on to the forum???

Yonks - months and months ago! Totally down to overload of work and just seeming to never have chance to stop.

I have to confess that my Coupe has been on my mind - under used this year due to over work/time constraints. and now due its service at some time soonish-which should by date probably be the full cam and aux belt service too...but marooned inside a garage for most of the year due to torrents of rain/mud and crap weather.

A recent holiday romance with a v8 Mustang convertable has had me looking sideways at the Coupe- weighing up how little smile per £££ I have had with her this year.

Ohh the temptations for the weak minded....help me back to the flock brothers and sisters....where else but Coupe would i have such an underrated Italian pocket rocket with that lovely 5 pot burble.

A good hoover and clean of the car is due once the weather clears - then some early autumn drives out.....and then some planned maintenance over hibernation...that should see me on the right path again!

Besides....who says you can't have two cars for fun??

Hope all are well.

MM
Posted By: Jamiepm

Re: Keeping the Faith? - 02/11/2023 14:05

thumb thumb
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Keeping the Faith? - 02/11/2023 15:58

Rob is your name down for the 30th anniversary?

You'll never look at a Mustang again after such an epic road trip wink
Posted By: PaulL

Re: Keeping the Faith? - 02/11/2023 16:33

Around here, Keeping the Faith is about Northern Soul !

Get the car out, wash it and go for a drive.

My coupe thrill today has been a call from the garage, telling me what needs doing.

Re: Keeping the Faith? - 02/11/2023 17:20

Hey Joe,

Let me know when you are through you back-log, got some things mine needs early next year...including some paint.

I'll be heading over to the 30th posts to look at whats lined up... i can feel a trip southwards calling.

Paul L - Here's to that northern soul! We wouldn't know what to do with ourselves without the parts scarcity and maintenance upkeeps of the coupe!

Regards

MM

Re: Keeping the Faith? - 14/12/2023 14:04

Still surrounded by mud, field run off and roads that have been flooded for weeks.

I've had her running a few times over the last coupe of weeks - and had the a/c on etc.

Waiting on the weather to dry up- roads to clear as it would door more harm then good to try and get too far with all this local flooding.

Waiting on 30th anniversary info to drop....with hope that the sun still shines out there!

Some service things needed before next mot -and to be ready for '24 adventures!

KBO all!

MM
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Keeping the Faith? - 14/12/2023 14:23

Originally Posted by Master_Mariner

Waiting on 30th anniversary info to drop....with hope that the sun still shines out there!

Yes it's frustrating as ferry prices are rising while the dates are being considered

Re: Keeping the Faith? - 15/12/2023 11:27

Originally Posted by Master_Mariner
Hey Joe,

Let me know when you are through you back-log, got some things mine needs early next year...including some paint.

I'll be heading over to the 30th posts to look at whats lined up... i can feel a trip southwards calling.

Paul L - Here's to that northern soul! We wouldn't know what to do with ourselves without the parts scarcity and maintenance upkeeps of the coupe!

Regards

MM

Rob I've got some space in the diary for April if you'd like to book in?

Re: Keeping the Faith? - 18/12/2023 13:20

chinny

PM Sent Joe!

thumb

Re: Keeping the Faith? - 18/12/2023 15:33

I'll ping you a reply tonight Rob thumb
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK