Fiat Coupe Club UK

Ebay Coupe with corrosion.

Posted By: Ryanr84

Ebay Coupe with corrosion. - 11/04/2023 17:28

Looking at getting another Coupe. My teaching back-pay came in so why not?

I was looking at:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11576157...r=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

But it looks as though its rusting apart and covered in underseal so MOT can't comment on repairs. Anyone own this or know about it? Any advice apart from "run"¿

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Submariner

Re: Ebay Coupe with corrosion. - 11/04/2023 18:28

Unless you can inspect it in 'person' I would not be bidding.....MOT history shows minimal upkeep on the corrosion issues over the years which are probably getting worse, unless the chap can prove or you can see the welding that the car has/or needs then much as you say can be covered in underseal. Never seen such long and diverse Advisory Lists......or maybe this is not a well maintained Coupe.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Ebay Coupe with corrosion. - 11/04/2023 19:09

Originally Posted by Ryanr84
Looking at getting another Coupe. My teaching back-pay came in so why not?

I was looking at:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11576157...r=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

But it looks as though its rusting apart and covered in underseal so MOT can't comment on repairs. Anyone own this or know about it? Any advice apart from "run"¿

Thanks in advance.

I know this coupé (and one of the previous owners), it used to be seen around west Edinburgh. It's not one I would have been personally attracted to tbh.

Welcome to the forum anyway smile Hope you can meet up with the rest of the "central belt gang" before too long smile

Post in Coupés Wanted (Marketplace section) but be prepared to travel - there's not many up here!

What model did you have first time round?
Posted By: szkom

Re: Ebay Coupe with corrosion. - 11/04/2023 19:37

Go take a look if you can. Sure the MOT history is fairly exciting, but it does keep passing so you'd like to think that jobs have been done. And the underseal thing, well, I'm no fan of the stuff, but it might have been done for the right reasons. And let's face it. A 25 year old Italian car for that sort of money will want money spending.

If it were me I'd be working out my budget and what you want the car to be (show car, daily, etc.). Then deciding which end of the market you want to jump into
Posted By: Ryanr84

Re: Ebay Coupe with corrosion. - 11/04/2023 20:21

Thanks for the advice. My previous Coupe was a 20VT. I was in this forum for a little while lurking about.

I think I'll swerve this one and look around for a bit. As much as I want one I'd rather save a bit more and look for one that needs less work... and yellow 😄
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Ebay Coupe with corrosion. - 12/04/2023 08:33

Originally Posted by Ryanr84
Thanks for the advice. My previous Coupe was a 20VT. I was in this forum for a little while lurking about.

I think I'll swerve this one and look around for a bit. As much as I want one I'd rather save a bit more and look for one that needs less work... and yellow 😄

Yes steer clear because this one looks proper crusty, O/S outer rear sill is very bad so it gives a good indication what else is going on under all that underseal.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK