Fiat Coupe Club UK

The Flashing Red Internal LED

Posted By: Master_Mariner

The Flashing Red Internal LED - 19/11/2018 13:41

I'm very slow on the uptake occasionally... ok often...

Reading one of the post's on the forum - does the internal LED flash error codes?

I noticed mine blinking "differently" at me yesterday and that with the post has made me wonder.

Thanks in advance,

MM
Posted By: DaveG

Re: The Flashing Red Internal LED - 19/11/2018 13:51

The LED in the far right push button is a dummy but is often wired up to the alarm. Another location for the alarm LED is above the driver's window switch. The Scorpion alarm will flash a number of times when turning the ignition on if the alarm has gone off previously, and the number of flashes indicate what it thought was the problem, eg: door, interior sensors, etc.

Re: The Flashing Red Internal LED - 19/11/2018 14:38

Thank you Dave for coming back so quickly as ever!

This is good to know. My alarm was overhauled a few years back my Abacus -and has been rock solid ever since-so hopefully this weird flashing was just me catching it incorrectly from the corner of my eye.

You learn something new about coupes all the time on the forum!

MM
Posted By: H_R

Re: The Flashing Red Internal LED - 19/11/2018 18:12

I have an original alarm and it flashes error codes!.. well im certain it does
Also it will come on when the ignition switch is first turned on if it has gone off and you have to press the remote when it comes on with ignition on to clear it, if you dont i think it comes on every time the ignition is switched on.... been a while i think anyway hope that may help and not confuse further

Re: The Flashing Red Internal LED - 20/11/2018 08:56

I may try that then H_R,

My alarm hasn't gone off as far as I know. Just started to blink differently.

Regards,

MM
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK