Fiat Coupe Club UK

Back on the road..

Posted By: G_Man

Back on the road.. - 22/04/2018 16:30

As it says on the tin - cover off, battery reconnected and sparked into life first turn. Re- taxed then off for a spin driving It was only off the road for 6 months but there'a always that bit of doubt in your mind what if...

Got a clunk from underneath somewhere but knew that already. Noted the fuel pump is really noisy when priming so not sure if it's on the way out. Also there's a right old grunch when putting into reverse and had started to do this before I sorn'd it plus the clutch feels close to the floor. Cluch slave? Anyway off to Allitalia on Thursday for a thorough service and overhaul smile
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Back on the road.. - 22/04/2018 19:01

Slave if pedal stays close to floor then eventually drops.

Master if it slowly drops whilst idling but you can lift it back up with your foot to normal height.

My 16vt used to grumble a bit going into reverse as well, find a tiny window by feel where it's happier smile

Good news it's running again though thumb
Posted By: Possum

Re: Back on the road.. - 22/04/2018 23:51

Originally Posted By Edinburgh

My 16vt used to grumble a bit going into reverse as well, find a tiny window by feel where it's happier smile

Good news it's running again though thumb

My 16Vt does that also, just "feel" for it to go in properly. Must just be one of its quirks.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK