Fiat Coupe Club UK

Widgets

Posted By: barnacle

Widgets - 19/06/2017 17:26

I keep getting asked for widgets - even though I haven't made them for six or seven years.

There are two on the bay at the moment, both at a damn sight more than I sold them for smile

Nothing to do with either... just search for 'barnacle widget'.
Posted By: Cooperman

Re: Widgets - 20/06/2017 15:39

I have seen various posts about these and often wondered what these are / do? Must be turbo car related I suppose?

Re: Widgets - 20/06/2017 16:03

Nope... they work with everything except VIS and 1.8 models.

They give you a selectable view of various engine parameters, and instant notification of engine faults.
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Widgets - 20/06/2017 16:39

I swear by my one. In times of "what the hell now" the widget lets you know..... driving
Posted By: Cooperman

Re: Widgets - 20/06/2017 17:57

Glad I asked, do they plug into a diagnostic port?
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Widgets - 20/06/2017 18:14

Yes, on a 20vt it's by the w/washer tank, and often powered via an inline fuse from the ciggy lighter feed (services fuse)

My coop cut out on two occasions whilst cruising and each time it flagged up the crank sensor which I've now replaced.....so very useful diagnostic!
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Widgets - 20/06/2017 18:16

Aye, they do indeed Cooperman. I've had mine for a number of years & last year NC tour, my fellow Coopsters were very taken by my widget, Edinburgh managed to procure one not that long ago. An added Coop information telling you what's going on with your engine, a must have in my opinion especially on long runs...... driving

No I'm not on commision from Neil by the way..... smile
Posted By: dante giacosa

Re: Widgets - 22/06/2017 07:00

So Neil,

as you haven't made them in 6 or 7 years, and they don't work on the VIS

(recently rated in Classic car magazine as a 'sleeper investment goldmine' and the 'thinking man's Coupe')

Is NOW the time to respond, to the groundswell of interest, with a MultiscanECU compatible variant for the VIS engines????!!!!

Re: Widgets - 22/06/2017 16:54

I've got a full-time job designing hardware and software; I don't do it at home these days.

Sorry.
Posted By: kev_megadon

Re: Widgets - 24/06/2017 08:11

I purchased an original one for my first coupe. It was brilliant. Possibly the best money I ever spent on the car. Unfortunately a few years after, the bonnet flew up when travelling at speed and wrote the car off. I sold the widget to Coupedummy thinking I would never return to ownership. About a year later I bought my 16v, and ive missed the widget ever since.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK