Fiat Coupe Club UK

Goodbye Coupe

Posted By: Robin_Banks

Goodbye Coupe - 23/01/2017 08:54

Hello. I hope we're all well.

So, the time has come to move on from the Fiat Coupe. It's a sad time as she's been with me for over 9 years. We've had our ups and downs, but the love has never been lost. For now, I'm going to SORN her and tuck her away. I'm not sure if I'll keep her for long, but I just can't let her go right now. There's just so much which needs doing to her and I can't afford for her to be off the road. She would make an excellent project for somebody, she just needs some TLC. Maybe we could discuss options.

This brings me to my question for people in the know. Today, I will place a deposit on a 2012 Astra GTC and I'm just looking at loans. Why is it that when I select 'Car Loan' the repayment is higher than other loans? Why does it make a difference?

I must thank everybody on the forum that has lent advice and services. Including Roger at PowerItalia and especially Joe from FCSS.

As I write this, I can feel my eyes welling up cry

Thank you.

Mark.
Posted By: Mark_S

Re: Goodbye Coupe - 23/01/2017 09:41

Suggest changing title of post to reflect your car loan question. Sorry to hear that you are on the way out... its a tough road to travel
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Goodbye Coupe - 23/01/2017 09:47

Sad news Mark frown

She's going into store SORN so there's still a chance you'll be back behind the wheel one day driving smile
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Goodbye Coupe - 23/01/2017 11:43

Sorry to see you may be selling. But hopefully it will stay in the coupe community.

Is a bank loan the cheapest type of loan at the moment?
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Goodbye Coupe - 23/01/2017 12:22

If you're in reach of Radio 5L right now Martin Lewis is doing a stint on loans.....

Re: Goodbye Coupe - 23/01/2017 14:05

Thanks guys.

I used comparethemarket.com and found that ratesetter.com was the cheapest.
Posted By: robcal

Re: Goodbye Coupe - 23/01/2017 15:46

Zopa? I've never used it to borrow money, but I use them to save (money from customers is loaned out to people who need to borrow, cutting out the banks).

Re: Goodbye Coupe - 23/01/2017 21:38

Yeah, they were towards the top too. Not quite as cheap as Rate Setter though. Cheers.
Posted By: Spoonz

Re: Goodbye Coupe - 24/01/2017 18:05

noooo that will be a local one put away, saying that ive not seen it around for ages.

youll get the coupe itch which you wont be able to get rid of wink
Posted By: sebasteeno

Re: Goodbye Coupe - 24/01/2017 18:09

Astra GTC hehe

Re: Goodbye Coupe - 24/01/2017 23:01

Spoonz, it's still on the road and will be until Friday smile
Posted By: OnlyItalian

Re: Goodbye Coupe - 26/01/2017 09:27

Please don't buy a Vauxhall. We don't want to encourage them to keep using accountants instead of engineers to build their god forsaken products. Plus it will probably spontaneously combust!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK