Fiat Coupe Club UK

Attempted car theft

Posted By: AnnieMac

Attempted car theft - 18/07/2015 00:30

Someone tried to steal my Coupe from outside my house last night at 2am. The alarm went off and when I went out, the driver's door was ajar and interior light on. No sign of anyone unfortunately. I've reported it to the police but there's not much they can do without a description of the criminal.
Posted By: Morrison

Re: Attempted car theft - 18/07/2015 01:41

Sucky scummy people. Didn't you have some thieving trouble fairly recently too? Hope there's no damage, maybe get a wheel clamp?
Posted By: Cooperman

Re: Attempted car theft - 18/07/2015 08:57

How did they get in? Hope you don't have to track down another window glass frown
Posted By: H_R

Re: Attempted car theft - 18/07/2015 15:54

Hope there's not too much damage! and hope they catch the scumbag!

At least your siren bit worked! especially as they are renown for failing!
Glad i made the effort to get a new one for mine just in case!
Posted By: workshy

Re: Attempted car theft - 18/07/2015 20:04

Some 'wanna-be' coupe thieves doing the rounds in West Berkshire? ...Stepped out of the house this morning to find my Coop's bonnet was wide open!

Thouroughly checked the engine bay, all appears to be good, but looks like they initially tried to get into it by pulling the bonnet up at the side above the front wheel... I've an ugly gap now furious

Camera watching 24/7 as from this evening!
Posted By: AnnieMac

Re: Attempted car theft - 18/07/2015 23:51

Oh no Workshy what a shock to find it like that. My imobiliser works but sometimes the doors don't always lock. I think that's how come he got the door open without breaking the lock. I was broken into in Bristol some weeks back and had to have a new passenger window. I have ordered a steering wheel lock. I know it would not stop a tooled up professional but I've a feeling it's more likely a joyrider problem. I don't think the low monetary value of a Coupe would interest a proper car thief when there are cars worth thousands more parked in my street.
Posted By: Spoonz

Re: Attempted car theft - 19/07/2015 10:30

what is this world coming to ? just disgusting that people can do such a thing like it, most days my car is parked in my works car park and i sometimes wonder if anything could happen, theres loads of people that walk by it but thankfully nothing has happened. It makes me want to buy some discreet cameras for each window so if anything does happen ill have evidence.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Attempted car theft - 19/07/2015 11:41

https://www.spycameracctv.com/spycamera/invisible-ir-nightvision-hunting-cctv-camera

This is what I used to catch the **@* who damaged my car. Just insert a memory card and batteries, it has PIR to detect movement and an IR camera for recording at night.

There is also another model that will text you when it activates.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Attempted car theft - 20/07/2015 21:50

AnnieMac, don't think the scumbag would have been after stealing the car.

Thieves walk down a road trying every door handle in sight as there will always be one that hasn't been locked. They then look under the seat for the sat nav, open the glove box, and even open the boot. Even any loose change from a cubby hole will afford them their daily junky fix. It's a sad world...
Posted By: bockers

Re: Attempted car theft - 20/07/2015 22:44

Originally Posted By: Slugcatcher1
AnnieMac, don't think the scumbag would have been after stealing the car.

Thieves walk down a road trying every door handle in sight as there will always be one that hasn't been locked. They then look under the seat for the sat nav, open the glove box, and even open the boot. Even any loose change from a cubby hole will afford them their daily junky fix. It's a sad world...

What ^ said. They won't even steal stereos anymore but they will rifle through a CD magazine. Amazing what they take and what they leave. Sat navs and loose change is the target,
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK