Fiat Coupe Club UK

creased rear corner

Posted By: Anonymous

creased rear corner - 12/06/2015 22:56

Tonight I sadly reversed into the front of my own van . I'd parked it in a different place , no damage to van but I've cracked paint on bumper and creased the very corner of the car just above the rear bumper....

Totally devestated , I haven't bumped a car for 20 years and I do this on my third day of having the car .😭😭

Anyone no roughly how much this might be to fix
Car has damage to one door and wing so I wanted it fixed but this I could of done without

Re: creased rear corner - 13/06/2015 08:41

a photo to show the damage may help in giving a price

Re: creased rear corner - 13/06/2015 11:57

Went to get price , guy at shop reckons yellow is very hard to colour match . He wants to send a panel away to find best match , thinking of removint drivers side wing as its also bashed slightly so could be fixed at the same time ...
Is there a how to for wing removal or is it straight forward

Thanks!

Re: creased rear corner - 13/06/2015 12:08

3 bolts at the top of the wing and 2 bolts on he inside at the bottom that your be able to see when the 3 at the top are removed
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: creased rear corner - 13/06/2015 18:50

Originally Posted By: iainjr37
Went to get price , guy at shop reckons yellow is very hard to colour match . He wants to send a panel away to find best match , thinking of removint drivers side wing as its also bashed slightly so could be fixed at the same time ...
Is there a how to for wing removal or is it straight forward

Thanks!

Colour is 258 Giallo but if yours has faded a new paint would stand out a bit.
Remove the black foam pad from the wing first, try to keep the black plastic push studs intact - they will lever out.
Posted By: PeteP

Re: creased rear corner - 13/06/2015 18:55

There are actually 3 shades of 258 Giallo but the body shop should be able to match whichever one the car is painted.

The paint code label under the bonnet says which one the car came out of the factory painted, but that may have changed due to possible resprays since then.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: creased rear corner - 13/06/2015 23:16

Originally Posted By: PeteP
There are actually 3 shades of 258 Giallo but the body shop should be able to match whichever one the car is painted.

The paint code label under the bonnet says which one the car came out of the factory painted, but that may have changed due to possible resprays since then.

Didn't know that Pete, useful to know - as long as the painters get it right.
Posted By: Spoonz

Re: creased rear corner - 14/06/2015 12:08

interesting, i remember my brothers 16vt having a more golden yellow, mine admittedly has faded but i believe theres still a panel which is original and certainly is a different shade.

Re: creased rear corner - 14/06/2015 13:25

I've found someone selling a door , wing and bumper , delivered for 133 pounds. Do I go for them or possibly the colour could 've wrong. Also came off a 1997 r reg so .....

Re: creased rear corner - 14/06/2015 13:34

Good price for the 3 items delivered but the colour may not match but worth a punt as they have come from the same year car so you maybe lucky .

Re: creased rear corner - 14/06/2015 20:30

Fingers crossed , will let you no how I get on . ...

Re: creased rear corner - 25/06/2015 18:59

Turns out my coupe is Porsche almond yellow. Been resprayed with it at some point in its life
Posted By: Burbum123

Re: creased rear corner - 25/06/2015 20:20

How do you know that ?
Posted By: PeteP

Re: creased rear corner - 25/06/2015 20:28

Presumably by matching colour swatches. Standard sort of stuff for body shops and paint suppliers.

Re: creased rear corner - 25/06/2015 22:30

The guys at paint shop sent my wing away to be analysed by a machine to see which paint code matched . Had never heard of it either .they reckon whoever sprayed it must have had that paint lying around and just used it up .
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK