Fiat Coupe Club UK

ECU Chip

Posted By: Morrison

ECU Chip - 26/05/2015 01:39

Quick question - Will a chip from a plus work with a '98 20vt? What with having push button start etc.

Not happy with whats in mine, considering changing standard chip or getting a gtech.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: ECU Chip - 26/05/2015 07:48

Yes it would work fine.
Posted By: Rudidudi

Re: ECU Chip - 26/05/2015 07:58

Originally Posted By: Morrison
Quick question - Will a chip from a plus work with a '98 20vt? What with having push button start etc.

Not happy with whats in mine, considering changing standard chip or getting a gtech.

What do you have currently?

Re: ECU Chip - 26/05/2015 13:08

Thanks Joe!

Rudi I've got no idea what's in there at present, but the boost levels seem wrong, 0.8 in first and second, might hit 1 in third and 1.2 in fourth and fifth.

Got a shiny new recirc valve and the ebv is working and freshly cleaned but will change for an mbc soon anyway. Can't find any boost leaks either.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: ECU Chip - 26/05/2015 15:19

0.8 in first and second is normal, 1.2 in the upper gears is a little higher then it should be but it's sounds ok and running on a standard eprom.

I'd check the tags on the back of the ecu to see if they've been opened, then check the chip.

Re: ECU Chip - 28/05/2015 08:55

Glad that sounds normal, Graham has sent me a gtech and I've bought the standard chip off the for sale page just so I can have a little comparison between them all.

The ecu has been opened already, once by me when I bought the car, as it came with 2 'spare' chips and was running horribly on the one that was in there. When I took it out, one of the legs had bent upwards and snapped off. I put the most standard looking one of the spares in, which was far better than before.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK