Fiat Coupe Club UK

Anything to do near Powerfiat?

Posted By: Anonymous

Anything to do near Powerfiat? - 11/08/2006 04:00

Going down to Rog's on Saturday for belt change & full service.

Just wondering if there's anything of interest close by in order to kill a few hours?
Posted By: bockers

Re: Anything to do near Powerfiat? - 11/08/2006 04:01

Basildon Or get a train to Southend, but the peir has now burnt dow

How big is the job?

Re: Anything to do near Powerfiat? - 11/08/2006 04:03

Rog was mending a basketball hoop the last time i rocked up!

Leigh on sea is just up the road and supposed to be a littler nicer than southend.

Re: Anything to do near Powerfiat? - 11/08/2006 04:22

Quote:

How big is the job?

Rog estimates about 3.5 hours, which sounds pretty good going.

Re: Anything to do near Powerfiat? - 11/08/2006 13:41

Bring a couple of magz, to kill some time, 3.5hrs isn't too long really.

There's a sofa you can sit on while you wait.

Re: Anything to do near Powerfiat? - 11/08/2006 15:45

Not a lot there but usually another owner or two about - and Rog has got a decent supply of mags. The time will fly...

Re: Anything to do near Powerfiat? - 11/08/2006 17:45

Like Kenno suggested, get the train to Leigh on Sea (about 10mins), nice riverside pub there if the weather's nice

Or sit at Rog's and eat all his mars bars

Re: Anything to do near Powerfiat? - 11/08/2006 19:17

I normally stand outside (in sun or rain) glaring at Rog's car, sipping on a coffee Silma had made me and thinking.. hmmm. Maybe I should buy some Azevs.

Re: Anything to do near Powerfiat? - 11/08/2006 19:19

I thought he had some old games consoles in there ???
I know he had a tv & video recorder last time I was there

Re: Anything to do near Powerfiat? - 11/08/2006 21:00

You could go to the cinema at Bas Vegas, which is a few miles down the road. There's also Tenpin bowling there. You probably won't want to go shopping in Basildon though !

Alternatively, there is the Noddy Tour down the road at Barleylands Farm this weekend !!!There are some decent craft shops there as well...

Dave

Re: Anything to do near Powerfiat? - 11/08/2006 21:19

SNES is there if i remember right?

Re: Anything to do near Powerfiat? - 12/08/2006 03:20

Quote:

I normally stand outside (in sun or rain) glaring at Rog's car, sipping on a coffee Silma had made me and thinking.. hmmm. Maybe I should buy some Azevs.

That's what i do . She does make a loverly cup of coffee doesn't she ?

Dave
Posted By: Fishy_Dave

Re: Anything to do near Powerfiat? - 12/08/2006 17:38

Quote:

I normally stand outside (in sun or rain) glaring at Silma, sipping on a coffee and thinking.. hmmm.

I've always been happy staying in the waiting area, chatting and watching my car being worked on. Normally a good supply of car mags and other Coop owners to chat to, met a few people from here that way.
Posted By: Trappy

Re: Anything to do near Powerfiat? - 12/08/2006 23:42

I'm guessing that was you there first thing this morning then Pag? Didn't have time to hang about for a chat today but always good to put a face to a name

I dropped my sorry looking S reg sprint blue off after getting it towed down there.

Hope Rog got the windows shut before it p****d down with rain

Re: Anything to do near Powerfiat? - 12/08/2006 23:58

What happened Trappy? I haven't seen you around the local roads recently?!

Dave

Re: Anything to do near Powerfiat? - 13/08/2006 03:50

A combination of snapped cambelt (20 broken valves and holes in 5 pistons) and no job has seen the coop off the road for nearly 3 months! It finally went in this morning and should be all better by saturday

Re: Anything to do near Powerfiat? - 13/08/2006 06:48

Yes Trappy, that was me there this morning. Nice to meet you briefly.

Rog did manage to get your windows closed before your coupe turned into a swimming pool.

I took the easy option and sat there drinking coffee, having a chat with Rog's better half and watching the coupe get sorted.

I probably shouldn't have just gone out drinking for the last 4 hours seems I set off at 4:45 this morning.

Re: Anything to do near Powerfiat? - 13/08/2006 18:15

Quote:

A combination of snapped cambelt (20 broken valves and holes in 5 pistons) and no job

Nasty. Do you know what caused the snapping? Had the belts been changed before? Is the job in order now?! It will need to be after that lot!!

Dave

Re: Anything to do near Powerfiat? - 13/08/2006 20:42

Power steering pump belt snapped and got caught up in the cambelt...@ just over 6,000rpm Rog tells me this is common. I had all new belts fitted by Powerfiat 21,000 miles ago but the power steering belt still regularly snaps apparently. I'm gonna get mine checked every 10k miles from now on. All other belts were fine, no cracks, splits or anything

Re: Anything to do near Powerfiat? - 14/08/2006 18:56

Does rog use pattern parts or fiat originals?

Re: Anything to do near Powerfiat? - 14/08/2006 19:00

Quote:

I normally stand outside (in sun or rain) glaring at Silma, sipping on a coffee and thinking.. hmmm.

LOL... I missed that first time round Dave..

Careful though.. Rog might snip my 'hose' if he sees this!
Posted By: Brewster

Re: Anything to do near Powerfiat? - 15/08/2006 00:16

Quote:

Does rog use pattern parts or fiat originals?

Lifted directly from the PowerFiat website -

PowerFiat only use genuine Fiat parts or an equivalent of the same standard and quality that we have tried and tested.
Posted By: Fishy_Dave

Re: Anything to do near Powerfiat? - 15/08/2006 03:08

Sorry to hear that Trappy

Re: Anything to do near Powerfiat? - 18/08/2006 21:33

I spent my entire time there eating sweets generally. Lucky for my belly I dont go very oftern (touch wood).

He does have a selection of concoles/DVD's there. But its a good place to chat to other owners. The town is a bit shocking, chav central.

Re: Anything to do near Powerfiat? - 29/09/2006 17:09

Quote:

The town is a bit shocking, chav central.

Didn't see the end of this thread.

lol, you mean you went to laindon town centre? It's like going to the circus now. Freaks everywhere

Ahem...I grew up here... ahem. . Used to walk past the town and down laindon high road on the way to school. Yep I went to the Laindon High School just down the road from powerfiat
Posted By: sugerbear

Re: Anything to do near Powerfiat? - 29/09/2006 18:58

I always thought that Laindon was the "posh" part of Basildon. Clearly they (ex-friend) lied to me.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK