Fiat Coupe Club UK

Pricklybob

Posted By: Anonymous

Pricklybob - 26/05/2014 21:37

Hi,
Just been checking the user list and see that my Dad Pricklybob has done quite a few post and attended some meets.
Not sure if any of you knew him well but just thought id inform you that my dad (Pricklybob) passed away Friday night after a short battle with cancer.
This is the unfortunate event that lead to me now owning a coupe.
Not the best way to get one but he loved this car and wanted me to have it, I even had to promise him that it would be well loved and looked after lol, he loved it till the very end and was all he would talk about while in hospital.
Regards.
Simon
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Pricklybob - 26/05/2014 23:29

I'm sorry to read about your dad Simon.

I only met him a couple of times at midlands meets, but he struck me as a thoroughly decent man.

I wish you and all your family well at this most difficult time.

Pete.
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Pricklybob - 27/05/2014 06:28

Sorry to read this, Simon.

I don't think I ever met your dad, but please accept my condolences.

Neil
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Pricklybob - 27/05/2014 06:49

Condolences Simon.
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Pricklybob - 27/05/2014 09:02

Sorry to read about your Dad Simon frown
Posted By: Gripped

Re: Pricklybob - 27/05/2014 09:56

Condolences and best wishes.
Posted By: gurly_racer

Re: Pricklybob - 27/05/2014 10:00

So sorry to read this, I'm sure you will do him proud and let his legacy live through the coupe.

you will have fun, and when you around it I'm sure you will dad will be proud of you for upholding his wishes.

All the besr.
Posted By: Emjay

Re: Pricklybob - 27/05/2014 10:20

Simon, condolences. Thank you for your thoughtfulness in letting us know.
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Pricklybob - 27/05/2014 10:38

Very sorry to read this Simon. Nothing I can say but echo everyone else, deepest sympathy.
Posted By: H_R

Re: Pricklybob - 27/05/2014 12:52

Hi Simon, I did not know your Dad, but im sure you will do him proud! please accept my condolences!

Re: Pricklybob - 27/05/2014 14:26

Simon same a above really, i don't think i met him but my memory is so bad i might well have......

My condolences to you at this awful time though
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Pricklybob - 27/05/2014 19:22

I never met your dad Simon but the name Pricklybob has certainly been around on the forum for many years.
I'm sorry for your loss and hope you'll be true to your promise and look after the coupe. I also hope you can find comfort knowing your dad will be there watching over you every time you get the polish out.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Pricklybob - 27/05/2014 19:35

Condolences on your sad loss Simon, sounds like your Dad was a character and blessed with the vision of coupe ownership - he'll be proud that you're in charge of his p&j.
Posted By: Gripped

Re: Pricklybob - 27/05/2014 22:35

Something jogged my memory, and I remembered that I met Bob way back in 2005 when I had my first Coupe.

It was a Welsh meet and we met up with people like Chrissy and Toprat. We drove up the A470 through the Brecon Beacons, then on to Defynog, then Crai and down to Dan yr Ogof towards Neath.

The abiding memory [I'm pretty sure I'm correct] was that Bob let me drive his Turbo when we stopped for lunch near Dan yr Ogof caves. I had a Porto Blue NA at the time (middle of the photo), and he just handed me the keys and said "take her for a spin." What a thoroughly good bloke.

I managed to dig out a photo of the meet.
click to enlarge

Again, sincere condolences. As you can see, he has left lasting memories even with those of us who only met him once, or just met him on line via the forum.

Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Pricklybob - 27/05/2014 22:46

Condolences Simon, very sad news frown

Re: Pricklybob - 27/05/2014 23:12

Sorry to hear of the loss of your dad Simon. I hope you enjoy the Coupe as much as he obviously did.

Re: Pricklybob - 27/05/2014 23:26

Yes Gripped that's my dad in the picture, I can only imagine how much he loved that day out, Look's like great fun i'll be paying my membership soon and joining the club properly. (Just a little busy at the moment, Lots to take care of).
That would be my coupe right at the front of the picture although he's changed the wheels now (I can tell from the little dent in the door).
Thank you all so much for your kind message's mean's a lot to me and would also mean a lot to old Pricklybob.
Again thank you all so much.
Regards.
Simon. tongue
Posted By: MCMike

Re: Pricklybob - 05/06/2014 19:17

Very sorry for your loss Simon
Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Re: Pricklybob - 05/06/2014 22:35

I'm sorry for your loss Simon. I'm sure he's looking over you now pal angel

Re: Pricklybob - 05/06/2014 23:01

There is an edit post button wink