Fiat Coupe Club UK

OCD Coupe fixing

Posted By: Gripped

OCD Coupe fixing - 25/04/2014 22:43

I am sat on the sofa after yet another full day of coupe tinkering in preparation for Turin. Typically for me, I keep finding things to do. It's becoming an obsession and I am absolutely shattered. It is all I have been doing every weekend and after work.

Put new rad in today but also had to rebuild parts of the rusted slam panel. Cue the tin snips and rivet gun. I've got various parts scattered around the garage in various stages of refurb. I've had stuff electrolytically de-rusting in the wheelie bin, then using bilt hamber products to finish off. Amazing stuff. Deox gel, surfex HD, electrox primer. Then American POR15 chassis paint to top it off. Also use day ax S50 to squirt into the chassis hollows and firm film for underside.

Then i keep finding areas of rust of the front end to sort out, then I noticed the header tank needed a clean the I thought I'll change the rad and the coolant at the same time.

Then there are all the rusted or missing bolts to replace.

Then there is the paranoia that I have damaged the radiator when fitting.

When will it all end ???
Posted By: jon13

Re: OCD Coupe fixing - 25/04/2014 22:48

Nope laugh

Re: OCD Coupe fixing - 25/04/2014 22:51

Darn it. I'd better sign up to addiction therapy.

Seriously I am a total slave to the Coupe at the moment. It can't be healthy.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: OCD Coupe fixing - 25/04/2014 23:25

It's a never ending saga. But a worthy one.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: OCD Coupe fixing - 26/04/2014 08:18

Lol sounds like an addiction alright, but as said its a "worthy one" Seems as though your doing a fine job, will be one sweet running coupe at the end of the road
Posted By: Mark_S

Re: OCD Coupe fixing - 26/04/2014 08:58

I think you had better just get driving it...realistically you can't have your cake and eat it. Sounds like you want concours but these are for looking not driving

Re: OCD Coupe fixing - 26/04/2014 10:06

Yep I will be driving it soon I hope. Turin looms on the horizon !

If if wasn't for the paranoia about the Turin trip I think I would be more relaxed about tinkering.
Posted By: magooagain

Re: OCD Coupe fixing - 26/04/2014 13:21

Did you refurb the lower radiator support bar?

Re: OCD Coupe fixing - 26/04/2014 13:49

Yes I did.

Used the electrolysis method in a wheelie bin on its side !

Then wire brush to get paint and rust off. Finally used some bilt hamber deox gel to remove final traces. Then after cleaning it got a coat or two of electrox primer followed by top coat of POR15.

Belt and braces !
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK