Fiat Coupe Club UK

Who's the Grandaddy !!

Posted By: Undertone

Who's the Grandaddy !! - 05/12/2011 20:47

Soulboy here 60s! ex lambretta mod with 18 mirrors & blinged up chrome.Then gets married(& divorced) & owns 128 coupe, 124 coupe type cc, 131 twin cam & the last 6 years 2000 black ink plus & just reached 70,000 miles.
I am i the oldest Grandad at 60(youthful mind though) on here to have a coop with dump valve ,peco,lowered stiffened springs(ouch).Comon give it to me baby!
Love it to bits & what a joy to think i am going to work in the coop today.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Who's the Grandaddy !! - 05/12/2011 23:01

Originally Posted By: Undertone

I am i the oldest Grandad at 60(youthful mind though) on here to have a coop with dump valve ,peco,lowered stiffened springs(ouch)

I guess you are by a short hair Undertone, welcome aboard laugh
Posted By: paulw

Re: Who's the Grandaddy !! - 05/12/2011 23:12

Um, maybe not .......... Shall be 61 in a few months!

Although my Coop is a little under the weather right now frown
Posted By: Possum

Re: Who's the Grandaddy !! - 05/12/2011 23:55

Well I too am a granfather of two, and have, over 40 years of exclusive Fiat ownership, had quite a few Fiats, all with twin cams except my current Grande Punto and my 1988 Bertone X/19 which I sold when I purchased my Coupe.

I turned 60 last October and still enjoy my sport, including Ocean Racing, and off to Noumea next June competing in the Brisbane-Noumea Race.

Last Thursday, I stood down from President of the Fiat Car Club of Queensland at the AGM as being the longest serving President in the Club's 47 year history.
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Who's the Grandaddy !! - 06/12/2011 06:34

I'm only a grandfather of one (though she is of *course* the best grand-daughter in the world, goes without saying, really) and I've had the same coupe for sixteen years.

Though I could give it up anytime, right? I'm not actually *addicted*?
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Who's the Grandaddy !! - 06/12/2011 07:06

Plenty of grandads on here.Although now i have read the posts above i feel like a young whippersnapper of a grandad.These Fiats do seem to get in the blood though.
Posted By: Roadking

Re: Who's the Grandaddy !! - 06/12/2011 12:25

Originally Posted By: barnacle
I'm only a grandfather of one (though she is of *course* the best grand-daughter in the world, goes without saying, really) and I've had the same coupe for sixteen years.

Although he doesn't say so, I can vouch for the fact Neil is well old. tongue
Posted By: stan

Re: Who's the Grandaddy !! - 06/12/2011 12:27

"Ancient and decrepit" are the words you are searching for RK wink
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Who's the Grandaddy !! - 06/12/2011 18:06

4 grandchildren and two on the way.

Have owned Italian cars for some years.... really enjoying my "new to Canada" coupe.

Cars that are not sold here (like the Coupe) must be 15 years old before being eligible for importation.... so I have one of the first legal Canadian coupes.

paul

Re: Who's the Grandaddy !! - 06/12/2011 18:34

Now's the time to give it up, because I have the best grand-daughter in the world yes

- as for the coop, though.... chinny wink
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Who's the Grandaddy !! - 06/12/2011 18:43

I'm a Granda of two, but for some reason I,m a lot younger in my head.. hippy
Posted By: Roadking

Re: Who's the Grandaddy !! - 06/12/2011 18:48

Originally Posted By: Roadking

Although he doesn't say so, I can vouch for the fact Neil is well ancient and decrepit. tongue

Thanks Stan thumb

Re: Who's the Grandaddy !! - 06/12/2011 19:18

Originally Posted By: stan
"Ancient and decrepit" are the words you are searching for to describe me, RK wink

Refreshingly honest, Stan.

Re: Who's the Grandaddy !! - 06/12/2011 20:09

Fab posts everyone,including international Grandads !
So you young uns ! Do not despair all these Grandads if they are like me & have an outlook of an 35yr old are up for it & ready for action.
Signed the undertone(thats the car! it gives an almighty frightening deep roar when you have to set of quick in 1st)
Plus of course i like Teenage Kicks!

Re: Who's the Grandaddy !! - 06/12/2011 20:14

Originally Posted By: stan
"Ancient and decrepit" are the words you are searching for to describe me, RK wink

Refreshingly honest, Stan.

I saw what you did there granddad....

Re: Who's the Grandaddy !! - 06/12/2011 20:19

I just feel old

Re: Who's the Grandaddy !! - 06/12/2011 20:31

Originally Posted By: 1212
I just feel old

You are Wayne Rooney and I claim my five pounds! laugh

Re: Who's the Grandaddy !! - 06/12/2011 20:40

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Thanks Stan for helping an oldish man in the past sorting out how to create links etc & doing it for me,you are a brick!
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Who's the Grandaddy !! - 06/12/2011 20:41

Oh a brick.....sorry.... laugh

Re: Who's the Grandaddy !! - 06/12/2011 20:48

Originally Posted By: jimboy
Oh a brick.....sorry.... laugh

Yeah, a lot of people mis-pronounce it, others seem to think I'm a banker and others seem to want to give me a dunt, although my hearing isn't what it used to be..... laugh
Posted By: technics

Re: Who's the Grandaddy !! - 06/12/2011 23:58

My Dad is a Grandad of 2 with 500 bhp at the age of 65!

Re: Who's the Grandaddy !! - 07/12/2011 06:32

Well, I'm not 65 yet, but I've got 700bhp to draw on if necessary.

Admittedly, not all in the same actual car...

Re: Who's the Grandaddy !! - 12/12/2011 22:10

You lot have made me jealous. My elder kids are now 26, 23, 19 and 18 in feb. Youngest are 10, 3 and 2. No grandkids in sight. One of the reasons why we have the 3 and 2 year olds
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Who's the Grandaddy !! - 13/12/2011 00:12

I'm not a grandad but there are great efforts going on with my eldest and his missus, thinking of the IVF route now.
Next year's my big yin and I get my bus pass too like Mrs Ed - egad, more pressure on me to sell BB shocked No no, I'm at more than one workplace and I NEED the coop laugh
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Who's the Grandaddy !! - 13/12/2011 01:10

Originally Posted By: AlanC
You lot have made me jealous. My elder kids are now 26, 23, 19 and 18 in feb. Youngest are 10, 3 and 2. No grandkids in sight. One of the reasons why we have the 3 and 2 year olds

shocked You like being kept busy then? laugh
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK