Fiat Coupe Club UK

Diagnosis day

Posted By: Anonymous

Diagnosis day - 12/01/2008 18:04

I just got back from the racing line where a load of us had the RR day a few months ago.

I'm getting 3 psi base boost so we were expecting it to run rich and be leaking out somewhere.

we were surprised when we put it on the rollers and got a steady 15.2 AFR at 3500rpm / 3 psi, too lean not too rich.

There were no obvious leaks and all the pipes were secured properly, and no mad hissing noises of air escaping.

We traced the problem to the intercooler, as the entry pipe from the turbo was rock solid with pressure at 3500rpm, but the exit pipe was limp, you could still squeeze it easily. There was no sign of any air escaping from it though so it must be blocked inside somehow \:\?

Time to find me a new FMIC then go back, hopefully it wont be stupidly lean when it gets proper boost again.

Re: Diagnosis day - 12/01/2008 18:59

Its only lean because there isnt enough pressure to allow the map to up the fuelling. I have noticed that i can run part throttle and get say 0.2/0.3 bar and still be on 14 afr.

Ross

Re: Diagnosis day - 12/01/2008 19:22

that would explain why I havent filled the tank up since about the start of december \:D

Re: Diagnosis day - 12/01/2008 19:24

Probably. Your tickling the turbo/engine.... ;\)

Ross

Re: Diagnosis day - 12/01/2008 21:09

Oh and another thing, the operator said he saw the injector light come on a couple of times, briefly, but it went off as soon as he hit the throttle. Never seen it come on myself. \:\?

Guess I'll need a code reader on that one.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK