Fiat Coupe Club UK

Rolling road results - now with video

Posted By: Anonymous

Rolling road results - now with video - 29/03/2007 18:27

Ok, upon reading the reply to my question about Red.Dot Racing in the post below i cancelled my appointment with them. After searching the web i found a company i hadn't heard of called 1320 Autos. After speaking to a friendly guy called Chris i decided to take my car there for some runs. I was very impressed by how they treated my car and myself. I ended up having 4 runs on the rollers and i was only charged £60. I had 2 runs with car before i put the Gtec1 in and 2 runs after. Chris said the fueling was even better with the Gtec than the factory chip-a big thanks to GrahamL for that one!
The car made 195 at the wheels before and 210 after the Gtec1 was put in, giving 235 and then 255 at the flywheel respectively running 17psi and then 20psi. Very pleased considering i only have a K+N and a Peco cat back exhaust.
I took some video clips of the runs showing the power figures, but have no idea how to host them on here-would someone would like to do that for me?
The car feels much stronger on the road now, and im very very happy.
If anyone wants a rolling road session near Beds/Cambs i highly recommend them http://www.1320autos.com

Re: Rolling road results - 29/03/2007 18:58

Ok using all my brain power i have managed to upload the rolling road video's onto my website. Go to the Fiat page and they are on there-only taken on my mobile so not the best but better than nothing.

Re: Rolling road results - 29/03/2007 19:58

20 psi is 1.36bar i don't think you should run more than 1.2bar (17.6 psi) with the standard intercooler.

Re: Rolling road results - 29/03/2007 23:53

Interesting. Most of us found that a standard turbo gave virtually no more power at 1.3Bar as opposed to 1.2Bar.

Be careful with your charge temps and use better fuel when you can get it to stop det. \:\)

Re: Rolling road results - 02/04/2007 17:26

Those may be peak (overboost) figures rather than sustained boost, in which case it's perfectly normal. \:\)

Re: Rolling road results - 02/04/2007 19:39

Yes they are peak(overboost)figures, if you watch the video it shows the boost pressure on the screen in blue and it does tail off a bit after peak is reached. Thanks for the great chip Graham, im really pleased.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK