Fiat Coupe Club UK

my standard 20vt rolling road results

Posted By: Anonymous

my standard 20vt rolling road results - 23/02/2013 16:52

hi i put the coop on the rolling road at horsham developments as i went with some guys from sxoc and was wondering if some one in the know could look over them for me,i thought she was chipped but the results do not confirm this and also is it normal for a fwd car to lose around 30bhp through transmission? photobucket
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: my standard 20vt rolling road results - 23/02/2013 22:39

My Coupe has a GTEC 1 and I took it to surrey rolling road (see thread on this page) which also has a Dyno Dynamics rolling road. Its a controversial topic but Dyno Dynamics rolling roads are also known as "heart breakers". Mine made 228.8bhp which to be honest I was quite happy with.

Your power and torque look ok from what I can see. Do you have boost and AFR traces?
Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Re: my standard 20vt rolling road results - 23/02/2013 23:04

Looks like a good result to me smile
Posted By: Trappy

Re: my standard 20vt rolling road results - 28/02/2013 10:36

Originally Posted By: skitz86
is it normal for a fwd car to lose around 30bhp through transmission?

I've been looking at this again recently and it would appear that most Coops lose around 35-50bhp to the wheels at the peak power area. It depends on a number of factors of course.

Losses increase with rpm
Losses increase with more power
Temperature of the transmission even has an impact

Mine however, currently loses 65bhp at 342bhp. Looking at Flea's results chart, I can see some coops generating 10-15bhp less than mine at the fly, but getting 10-15bhp more at the wheels!!?

As the diff died last week, I'm having a new gearbox fitted and will be getting it re-dyno'd soon. I'm really hoping it could be attributed to the transmission and that I'll get a few 'free' horses laugh
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK