Fiat Coupe Club UK

9th April Castle Combe Spring Action Day..

Posted By: Anonymous

9th April Castle Combe Spring Action Day.. - 20/03/2011 09:21

First action day of 2011.. Anyone popping along?
I will be there and will hopefully have at least one session on track...
Usually very busy this one and weather permitting should be a good meeting. cool
Posted By: hoban81

Re: 9th April Castle Combe Spring Action Day.. - 20/03/2011 13:41

I will be going too. First time so looking forward to it.
Posted By: Hovedan

Re: 9th April Castle Combe Spring Action Day.. - 24/03/2011 21:03

I shall be coming along, plus the two kiddos. So no track time, unless dispensation is given for the event for childseats on track (?!) but hopefully a nice warm day to nosy around and then lay out on the grass bank with a picnic and watch some track action smile

Re: 9th April Castle Combe Spring Action Day.. - 31/03/2011 20:00

We should have a varied selection of cars here.. Sei, Punto's, Cinq's (one totally stripped out), my coop, Clio, Corvette, TWO Holdens which look and sound awesome..
Your kids will love them.. cool

Re: 9th April Castle Combe Spring Action Day.. - 06/04/2011 19:26

Forecast is thumb for Saturday so if you are coming along bring a hat.. Tracktime is SOLD out so I guess it's going to be a bit busy on track.. First action day of the year always pulls a good crowd. Plus the drift cars are treating all to a display..
I will be parked up in area 'Y' which is behind the tavern cool

Re: 9th April Castle Combe Spring Action Day.. - 07/04/2011 10:31

I'm there, no tracktime as got the mini mes with me and the gf. So a picnic on the grass banks overlooking the pit straight in the sun, a stroll round the cars and a nice easy day not worrying about tyre pressures, oil temps, wheels falling off, bonnets flying up!

Will be strange parking in the spectators area. But will definitely pop along to say hello Fullpint, if you're not in the tavern that is smile

Re: 9th April Castle Combe Spring Action Day.. - 07/04/2011 17:46

I'm on track at 1030 and 1 o'clock.. Don't expect to see me giving it full bean though.. Not on my Nexen N3000 tongue.. I will just bimble around but will still have fun. Camp and quarry corner scare me every time..
Need to take it easy for the first 2 laps, get the tyres and brakes upto temp.. And then after the 3rd lap I need to take it easy cause my rubber will be gone off shocked

Re: 9th April Castle Combe Spring Action Day.. - 08/04/2011 20:34

So, it looks like there will be.....

Fullpint
Hoban81
HoveDan
Patch
CountryCruising

any one else popping along, going to be a fun filled sunshiny kinda day smile

Re: 9th April Castle Combe Spring Action Day.. - 08/04/2011 20:50

I might be able to pop up there, what time are you guys arriving?

James
Posted By: Flea

Re: 9th April Castle Combe Spring Action Day.. - 08/04/2011 21:04

I will hopefully be there in the afternooon, couple of cars to deal with in the morning smile

Re: 9th April Castle Combe Spring Action Day.. - 08/04/2011 21:08

Joe and I will be arriving about 9 am. Be good to see everyone smile I hope I don't get tempted to go on the track!

Dan's going to be there around 10 I believe?

Re: 9th April Castle Combe Spring Action Day.. - 08/04/2011 21:16

Well then, if I'm not too hanging in the morning (:D) I may join you. I might need to do a certain amount of prepping of the car for BIAMF this weekend, but I'm sure in the end I'll just settle for the minimum effort approach.

James

Re: 9th April Castle Combe Spring Action Day.. - 08/04/2011 21:37

Originally Posted By: patch234
Joe and I will be arriving about 9 am. Be good to see everyone smile I hope I don't get tempted to go on the track!

Dan's going to be there around 10 I believe?

Blimey, now look what you've started laugh

Joe - is Jake coming along?

James, I'll be heading over leaving around 9 if I can get everything and everyone ready. Convoy?

Re: 9th April Castle Combe Spring Action Day.. - 08/04/2011 21:43

I wouldn't like to commit to anything at the mo Dan, I'm not a definite as I may be a little bit 'tired' in the morning...

Re: 9th April Castle Combe Spring Action Day.. - 08/04/2011 22:20

Ok, may see you there then James. Tired?! rolleyes

Re: 9th April Castle Combe Spring Action Day.. - 08/04/2011 22:28

Hung over then. Might not be too bad though, still not made it out to the pub and time is getting on a bit...
Posted By: hoban81

Re: 9th April Castle Combe Spring Action Day.. - 09/04/2011 02:24

Boll*cks cant make it found a gash in the side of my front tyre earlier. It would probably be fine but cant afford to risk it. furious

Have fun poeple
Posted By: coupedummy

Re: 9th April Castle Combe Spring Action Day.. - 09/04/2011 09:00

See you down there shortly guys
Posted By: coupedummy

Re: 9th April Castle Combe Spring Action Day.. - 09/04/2011 10:46

Anyone got dan or phils number?

Re: 9th April Castle Combe Spring Action Day.. - 09/04/2011 16:35

What a cracking day... Nice to see some of you guy's. Will try to give more notice for the next action day if any one is free..
Can't wait for someone to post a vid of me missing the corner!! laugh

Re: 9th April Castle Combe Spring Action Day.. - 09/04/2011 19:50

Was a great day, really enjoyed the sights and the scenery. Great to see everyone again. The wife and dog had a great time, my daughter was not that amused tough smile

Here's a vid of you Steve, not the one missing the chicane - you did follow the others, the right thing to do thumb

Here it is then > CLICK

Here's a longer one of general cars too > Click

Re: 9th April Castle Combe Spring Action Day.. - 10/04/2011 10:19

Who actually went on the track yesterday then and what power are you running at?

A friend went up to Castle Combe yesterday along with some other people. I asked them if they saw any fiat coupes and apparently they saw a green one with white rear cups (FullPint I belieive). Claimed they overtook him!

They were in black Audi A3s (X Reg? 2000 I think), one of them had orange wing-mirrors and wheels, may have had another A3 with 2 learner/pass plates on?

Also a black Seat Leon 20vt X Reg

Re: 9th April Castle Combe Spring Action Day.. - 10/04/2011 10:30

Only Fullpint ran on track yesterday, think he has standard power but what hindered him would have been the Nankangs he was running on - I'd not want to use those on the road shocked

Wish I'd had a few laps, but what with the kids in tow no chance of that!!

Re: 9th April Castle Combe Spring Action Day.. - 10/04/2011 10:35

Oh, a quick search and FullPint has listed his car running at 291 BHP confused

Re: 9th April Castle Combe Spring Action Day.. - 10/04/2011 12:16

Steve has a hybrid and flea map - so I would believe the figures. He was there for the experience more than go out to beat everything running that day. Bet he had a great time.

I enjoyed that much (watching) that next year I will have my own track car too laugh

and Flea, if you are wondering who the yellow coop was beeping at you it was me. Can't be mistaken for Hovedans as mine is in much better condition - wink Hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Posted By: Flea

Re: 9th April Castle Combe Spring Action Day.. - 10/04/2011 13:07

Ah ha, that makes sense now Phil smile Unfortunately I was tuning all day so couldn't pop over and say hello to you guys. Perfect weather for strolling around the cars and watching the action.

Re: 9th April Castle Combe Spring Action Day.. - 10/04/2011 15:02

Originally Posted By: patch234
and Flea, if you are wondering who the yellow coop was beeping at you it was me. Can't be mistaken for Hovedans as mine is in much better condition - wink Hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Cheek. Actually, behind all the dirt and ground in splattered bugs, there's a little gem behind it, with much nicer wheels and a much better noise when you hit the loud pedal. As Reub said, 'you are the oldest chav in town', goodnight smile

Re: 9th April Castle Combe Spring Action Day.. - 10/04/2011 16:03

Reuben would never say such a thing....

Re: 9th April Castle Combe Spring Action Day.. - 10/04/2011 19:28

Originally Posted By: duncan78
Who actually went on the track yesterday then and what power are you running at?

A friend went up to Castle Combe yesterday along with some other people. I asked them if they saw any fiat coupes and apparently they saw a green one with white rear cups (FullPint I belieive). Claimed they overtook him!

They were in black Audi A3s (X Reg? 2000 I think), one of them had orange wing-mirrors and wheels, may have had another A3 with 2 learner/pass plates on?

Also a black Seat Leon 20vt X Reg

I just go along for the fun factor mate. It's not a race as they tell us in the brief LOL.

Re: 9th April Castle Combe Spring Action Day.. - 10/04/2011 19:32

Yep I'm running 291 on a COLD day. But power is ONLY good if you have the rest of the kit to use it confused Tyres are my main problem but I also have a lot of creeking and banging when going round the corners and under braking I get a hell of a wobble through the steering wheel shocked
I need a visit to a man who can fix-it for me...
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK