Fiat Coupe Club UK

Blyton Park

Posted By: Anonymous

Blyton Park - 19/08/2011 09:12

Just a very quick review of this new track, 5 miles north of Gainsborough.

We went up last Saturday after reading good reviews on Pistonheads. It's based on an airfield but has recently been properly resurfaced (race track not airfield standard wink )

It's only short at 1.6 miles I think, but is a good mix of corners and shortish straights (we could get up to 110mph), but also relatively narrow. Great for kit cars and small hatchbacks. Not sure how a high power coop would find it, but it would certainly still be fun.

There were only 12 cars on track and most were hatchbacks. Not much competition on track for us, apart from a high spec racing Megane which was in a different league. However it really was such a fun day. With no noise issues there (currently rolleyes ) we had such a blast.

Javelin are doing plenty of days there I think price £99 to £129, open pit lane. The owner Richard is always on hand and he's a top guy. Highly recommended.

Re: Blyton Park - 19/08/2011 10:28

I've seen that advertised a few places now, and have been thinking about it.

How long did it take you to get up there? 2-3 hrs? I think it'll have to wait til I can afford to get a trailer!

Any video from the day?

Re: Blyton Park - 19/08/2011 13:46

Takes 2hrs 30 mins from mine. It's an hour from the motorway coming from the south. You definitely need to do it in yours cool

No video I'm afraid. New mirror is in the way of the mount. It would show us passing lots of courtious cars and sliding about lots laugh Oh and me nearly losing it massively at about 90mph when a massive bug nearly took my fingers off shocked
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK