Fiat Coupe Club UK

F1 German Grand Prix

Posted By: PeteP

F1 German Grand Prix - 19/07/2012 20:39

Coverage is available FOC on Sky according to this link. http://tv.sky.com/showpage/sky-sports-free-weekend
Posted By: Punto16VT

Re: F1 German Grand Prix - 20/07/2012 02:14

Apparently also for all Virgin Media clients after 6AM Fri. 20th, including those who haven't subscribed to any of the 6 Sky Sport channels carried (1-4, News, F1, plus 1HD & 2HD for XL pacxkage clients). thumb
Posted By: stan

Re: F1 German Grand Prix - 20/07/2012 10:10

First practice session is on now and it's raining apparently (according the beeb's live text coverage, I haven't got/won't have Sky <barf> in the house!).

It is also Lewis's 100th race this weekend! Seems like only six years ago since he started in F1....oh wait, it is! laugh
Posted By: Jim_Clennell

Re: F1 German Grand Prix - 20/07/2012 11:01

Very clever move by Sky. Doesn't mean I like'em though. I wonder if we'll actually get the F1 Channel in HD - after all, we DO pay for Sky Sports via Virgin, so it seems pretty mean for us NOT to have it. But there you go...

Re: F1 German Grand Prix - 20/07/2012 11:10

Ring 150 and ask why, then... simple. Get 'more bang for your buck'. wink
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: F1 German Grand Prix - 20/07/2012 11:30

Originally Posted By: Punto16VT
Ring 150 and ask why, then... simple. Get 'more bang for your buck'. wink

Unfortunately it's not simple. Sky won't give Virgin the F1 in HD. They do this along with other channels to try to move people over to Sky.

Re: F1 German Grand Prix - 20/07/2012 11:37

Are you sure that it's not because you're not on a Virgin Media XL package? I've just switched to Sky Sports F1, and... Sky Sports 1HD and Sky Sports 2HD. I am on an XL package subscription.

Re: F1 German Grand Prix - 20/07/2012 12:39

Are you sure that it's not because you're not on a Virgin Media XL package? I've just switched to Sky Sports F1, and... Sky Sports 1HD and Sky Sports 2HD. I am on an XL package subscription.

I'm saying you can't get F1 HD on Virgin. Full stop. Sky won't let them have it.

Re: F1 German Grand Prix - 20/07/2012 12:43

Originally Posted By: Jonny

I'm saying you can't get F1 HD on Virgin. Full stop. Sky won't let them have it.

Ah, OK, "Ho capito". My misunderstanding, sorry.

Re: F1 German Grand Prix - 20/07/2012 21:15

Took day off today, after reading here then getting an email about it, watched it in and off.
Good advert....

Re: F1 German Grand Prix - 22/07/2012 11:13

Breaking news: Red Bull are under investigation for running illegal throttle maps.

Re: F1 German Grand Prix - 22/07/2012 11:41

As Dennis says, story is here, naughty boys if true!
Posted By: Nigel

Re: F1 German Grand Prix - 22/07/2012 11:42

Guys - if you have Virgin, it looks like SkyF1 is being aired free this weekend - Channel 516
Posted By: Jim_Clennell

Re: F1 German Grand Prix - 22/07/2012 11:47

Get with it Nigel - look at the first post!

Re: F1 German Grand Prix - 22/07/2012 12:02

Hmm...judging by the stewards ruling, it would seem that Red Bull have an ingenious interpration of the wording of the rules. I guess the FIA will close that loophole off in time for the next race.

Re: F1 German Grand Prix - 22/07/2012 12:17

Live update from the BBC website;

Originally Posted By: BBC
But we're hearing that the stewards have decided NOT to take any action against Red Bull as while they do not accept all of the arguments put forward by the team, they have concluded that as the regulation is written, the map presented does not breach regulations.

Taken from here, the 12:09 entry

Re: F1 German Grand Prix - 22/07/2012 12:21

Watching the race live on Sky, I feel like I'm committing adultery.

Re: F1 German Grand Prix - 22/07/2012 13:16

Great move by Jenson. Parked it on the apex so Hulkenberg couldn't undercut him back on the exit.

If Jenson can take Schuey quickly, he will be a factor for the win. Such is the dry pace of the upgraded Mclaren. The only question mark is if Mclaren have soved their degradation issues, but Jenson looks good so far.

Re: F1 German Grand Prix - 22/07/2012 13:19

Alonso is being canny, looking after his tyres while Vettel roots his while tucked up behind him.

I'm expecting Alonso to pull away towards the end of his stint.

Re: F1 German Grand Prix - 22/07/2012 13:23

Both Saubers are flying.

Re: F1 German Grand Prix - 22/07/2012 13:27

Top three will need to pit to close off Perez undercutting them in the pits.

Re: F1 German Grand Prix - 22/07/2012 13:30

The Mclarens and Saubers looked great on the prime tyre in practices. Ferrari and Red Bull less so. This could be a pivotal part of the race.

Re: F1 German Grand Prix - 22/07/2012 14:10

Defininitely a vibration on Jenson's right front riding onboard. Doesn't seem to be affecting him though.

I think Vettel looks to be conserving his rubber for an attck in the last ten laps. But with him not having full power KERS, he'll struggle to overtake unless he does a bansai into the hairpin braking zone.

Re: F1 German Grand Prix - 22/07/2012 14:16

Actually, Vettel is right on the limit and occasionally over it to keep up.

Re: F1 German Grand Prix - 22/07/2012 14:20

Jenson is having to use noticeably less road than Alonso.

Re: F1 German Grand Prix - 22/07/2012 14:33

Totally illegal move. Passed off the circuit. The FIA passed a ruling earlier in the year to prevent passes like that happening.

Re: F1 German Grand Prix - 22/07/2012 14:46

Originally Posted By: DennisK
Totally illegal move. Passed off the circuit. The FIA passed a ruling earlier in the year to prevent passes like that happening.

I think they'll hit him with a penalty for that pass unless they judge that he had the faster car anyway and an overtake was inevitable......

Re: F1 German Grand Prix - 22/07/2012 17:15

20 seconds have been added to Vettel as a penalty 'drive through'

Was good to watch especially the last few laps. Pity about Hamilton!

Re: F1 German Grand Prix - 22/07/2012 19:19

As per here ; http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/18947482
Posted By: barnacle

Re: F1 German Grand Prix - 22/07/2012 19:39

What a cracking race.

How bloody annoying that Radio 2 news at three o'clock chose to announce the winner even though the race had not yet been shown on the BBC... idiots.

I managed to turn it off before hearing more than the winner, so not all bad, but nonetheless a bit bloody stupid of someone.

This sort of thing would never have happened when I worked in News...

</rant>
Posted By: adder58

Re: F1 German Grand Prix - 24/07/2012 15:59

Originally Posted By: DennisK
Hmm...judging by the stewards ruling, it would seem that Red Bull have an ingenious interpration of the wording of the rules. I guess the FIA will close that loophole off in time for the next race.

Don't you just loved it when you are right laugh

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/18957915
Posted By: adder58

Re: F1 German Grand Prix - 24/07/2012 16:14

Also wondered when this would get mentioned by Mr V

How Dare you!
Posted By: Roadking

Re: F1 German Grand Prix - 24/07/2012 18:25

Originally Posted By: adder58
Also wondered when this would get mentioned by Mr V

How Dare you!

Cock.

So racers aren't allowed to unlap themselves? Bad enough backmarkers are blue flagged to allow the front runners through rolleyes If I was Vettel I'd have kept quiet and hoped no-one asked how Hamilton got past him.
Posted By: barnacle

Re: F1 German Grand Prix - 24/07/2012 20:15

Agreed. These are supposed to be the best drivers in the world and they're complaining they can't get past a slower car? Tough, m'dears... lose the blue flag forthwith, please!
Posted By: came2dance

Re: F1 German Grand Prix - 24/07/2012 22:59

Originally Posted By: barnacle
What a cracking race.

How bloody annoying that Radio 2 news at three o'clock chose to announce the winner even though the race had not yet been shown on the BBC... idiots.

I managed to turn it off before hearing more than the winner, so not all bad, but nonetheless a bit bloody stupid of someone.

This sort of thing would never have happened when I worked in News...

</rant>

A very justified rant Neil. I'd managed to avoid and GP news all day then just as we were reversing onto our drive the bloody news reader blurted out that Alonso had won the GP!!! Like you I'd switched him of before i could hear any more but I was fuming. Even more so when I found out I could have watched it live on sky F.O.C. grr
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK