Fiat Coupe Club UK

Yet another what car........

Posted By: bezzer

Yet another what car........ - 22/10/2015 20:12

At the end of February 2016, I'm going to be lucky enough to have a bonus through work. The majority is going into my pension, a new bathroom and my 25th wedding anniversary. However, my nearest and dearest has given me the green light to buy a car with the rest smile

Budget will be around £6k.

It will need 4+ seats, need to do 30+mpg (it'll be my occasional daily commute) and won't embarrass my children on the school pick up!

Early thoughts are....

Civic Type R
Focus ST
Scooby STI
Brera

Anything else I should consider?
Posted By: Gripped

Re: Yet another what car........ - 22/10/2015 22:00

Mk II Leon FR (170bhp diesel or 200bhp petrol) and around your £6k budget.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/seat/leon/fr/driving-performance/

It's the obvious choice. wink

Posted By: neil_r

Re: Yet another what car........ - 23/10/2015 08:42

A not-so-obvious choice:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201505253752344?postcode=st72pd&radius=1500&maximum-mileage=up_to_70000_miles&minimum-seats=4&search-target=usedcars&zero-to-60=fast&transmission=manual&maximum-age=up_to_7_years_old&page=8&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&price-to=7000&sort=ageasc&logcode=p

Re: Yet another what car........ - 23/10/2015 08:57

Never been a fan of the new shape Leons.....

The Laguna is definitely left field choice!

I'm hoping in the next 4 months the price of these drop a bit more.

Re: Yet another what car........ - 23/10/2015 10:14

I like to be different smile

The RCZs are nice but being a more obvious choice hold their value better. They use the Peugeot/Citroen/Mini turbocharged 1.6 engine, right? In some guises, they were reported to be troublesome. Need to check which ones.

What about a Volvo C30?
Posted By: Jim_Clennell

Re: Yet another what car........ - 23/10/2015 10:29

My issue with the RCZ is that it looks to me like an almost straight copy of the original TT. Not necessarily bad, just too derivative to be exciting.

Re: Yet another what car........ - 23/10/2015 12:38

Or if age, absolute consumption, and the reality of 4 seats is negotiable:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201510107687822?radius=1500&search-target=usedcars&price-to=8000&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&make=jaguar&postcode=cv211ts&page=1&model=xk8&sort=mileage&logcode=p
Posted By: chrissy

Re: Yet another what car........ - 23/10/2015 18:10

FN2 Type R are awful to drive, EP3 are awesome but old (although I would have one tomorrow)

I saw a Brera the other day & could not help but think they look like a poor mans mild exotica due to the chronic depreciation Alfas suffer -

Scooby great cars,

Focus ST I love and sould the nuts, Yet a subtle car compared to an STI roaring along..

MAzda 3 MPS??

Re: Yet another what car........ - 23/10/2015 21:40

Originally Posted By: neil_r
Or if age, absolute consumption, and the reality of 4 seats is negotiable:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201510107687822?radius=1500&search-target=usedcars&price-to=8000&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&make=jaguar&postcode=cv211ts&page=1&model=xk8&sort=mileage&logcode=p

laugh laugh

Re: Yet another what car........ - 23/10/2015 21:45

Originally Posted By: chrissy
FN2 Type R are awful to drive, EP3 are awesome but old (although I would have one tomorrow)

I saw a Brera the other day & could not help but think they look like a poor mans mild exotica due to the chronic depreciation Alfas suffer -

Scooby great cars,

Focus ST I love and sould the nuts, Yet a subtle car compared to an STI roaring along..

MAzda 3 MPS??

Going back to a Scooby is appealing (had a classic, Blob WRX and a Bug STI) as they're pretty bombproof, but its a case of been there and done that. An ST in Orange ticks most boxes as does a CTR in Red smile

Luckily, I have a couple or 3 months to test drive and decide.....
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Yet another what car........ - 23/10/2015 22:38

Alfa Giulietta 170bhp Diesel remapped to 200bhp plus would be good, and still do 45mpg+
They are also very reliable (not just for an Alfa but in general) I have one myself, but I haven't had it mapped yet.

Focus ST
Renault Megane R26

Re: Yet another what car........ - 23/10/2015 22:59

Testing one tomorrow for the Mrs

laugh

Re: Yet another what car........ - 24/10/2015 07:53

A guy by me is selling a 5 dr Orange ST in great condition, Stainless exhaust & drilled dicsc are the only mods, he barely uses it & is not a boy racer, it's really low mileage @ 55k and on a 56 plate, he wants £6k

Re: Yet another what car........ - 24/10/2015 12:06

I very nearly went for an ST myself, but the fact that I could get a Giulietta that was 4 or 5 years newer for the same sort of money swung it towards the Alfa for me.

Plus there was the small issue of 25mpg in the ST.

They look, sound and drive great though.

Re: Yet another what car........ - 24/10/2015 14:14

Don't buy a megane! Second hand they are nothing but expensive trouble. Electronicly worse than an alpha and made from cheese.

Re: Yet another what car........ - 24/10/2015 17:45

Don't say that! I'm about to buy a Trophy 225!
Posted By: Barmybob

Re: Yet another what car........ - 24/10/2015 21:17

Interesting thread,

I too am looking for a replacement for my 2005 Alfa 156. I don't really have any real must have items on my list but I suppose I would like - A/C, Leather & cruise control. Having borrowed my sons 2008 Fiesta last winter I was impressed with the heated screen gadget too.

My budget is sub £5000 with a desire to spend as little as possible.

I've been looking at;

Audi (A3 / A4 & TT)
Volvo (C30)
Fiat Grande Punto (1.9tdi and 1.4 tjet)
Suzuki Swift 1.6 GT
Ford Fiesta ST (Old model)

Any other ideas?

Re: Yet another what car........ - 26/10/2015 07:15

I currently have a base model Suzuki Swift on a PCP which is a cracking little car. My wife and I were at the Suzuki garage yesterday looking at a Vitara for my her. On the forecourt was a White 3dr Swift Sport. While my wife was looking at the Vitara I had a closer look at the Sport. Nice spec and being a 3dr looked a little less Noddylike than my current Swift. Turned out it was one of the salesman's cars and he let me have a spin in it. Ok it isn't in the same category as those I put on my initial post but it ticked most boxes.

My current Swift shows I do 54mpg (actual from my brim to brim check is 52.5) and the Sport showed 39mpg. Quite impressive from a warm 1.6 Hatch.

So, the Swift Sport is now another one to consider.

Re: Yet another what car........ - 22/12/2015 09:33

Just resurrecting this old thread......

Since I posted this, along with my TT DSG thread and Bob's Audi thread, I've done a lot of driving, a lot of reading and a lot of searching down the back of the sofas for loose change!

The criteria for a new car changed quite a lot from the initial post, ala Bob and his sub £5k budget. I was able to persuade my wife that all I needed was an occasional 4 seater. I also wanted as new a car as I could afford.

After a 2nd test drive out went the Swift Sport. Also discarded were the Type R, Focus ST, STi and the Brera. Having said that I came within an inch of putting a deposit down on a gorgeous red Type R.

So I'm down to a shortlist of 3. These are the actual cars, I've test driven the 1st, testing the 2nd tonight and I've driven the same model as the 3rd at a local dealer.

DS3 DSport

Pug RCZ

TT 1.8 FSI

I don't expect huge thumbs up for any of them on here tongue but I thought I'd share them with you.
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Yet another what car........ - 22/12/2015 09:58

For me it would have to be the RCZ, it has a certain "Je ne sais quoi" and I know it's a TT clone but better looking IMHO. The DS has so many quirky design features that would annoy me after a short while: the dash looks a mess (again IMHO) and those wheels may be modern and trendy but... Should the spoiler be up on the TT at 0 mph?

Re: Yet another what car........ - 22/12/2015 09:58

I like the look of the last two. The RCX looks quite unusual and I like them, but I've never had a Pug so don't know much about their quality, residuals and reliability. So I think the Audi would win this the race for me smile

Re: Yet another what car........ - 22/12/2015 10:12

TDi S-line In Black? with BOSE sound.

Another black Tdi S-line? with LED, cruise & reverse sensors.

Or a white 1.8?

Re: Yet another what car........ - 22/12/2015 10:17

I really like the look of THIS ONE with DSG but it is miles away frown

Have you not considered an older TTS?

I was really tempted by these and a test drive blew me away, it is one quick car. Also when looking at Audi's you have to play close attention to the specification and options fitted. I looked at similar cars at similar prices but one would have over £4000 worth of optional extras fitted. You can download the original sales brochures and discover what the original specification was and how much each of the options cost. S-line usually brings nicer seats and things like an upgraded lamps pack.

Audi TTS in black... or Orange This one was on Auto Trader when I was looking and was on sale for much more! Lots of expensive extras but a bit heavy on the mileage frown

Re: Yet another what car........ - 22/12/2015 10:49

Thanks Bob, some interesting picks there.

I'm trying to stay away from an older TT but the 59 plate TTS looks wonderful.

The white 1.8 is very nice, I do like that.

If I plump for a TT I'll be picking your brain about specs etc. as I know you've done the research.

The DS3 was a bit of a left field choice. After I decided I only needed a 2+2 the TT and Pug were my top 2 picks. One positive about the Pug is it's basically a 308 so the parts and servicing are relatively cheap compared to the Audi.

Re: Yet another what car........ - 22/12/2015 10:53

I will try and find the links to the sales brochures I found and send them on to you. Since I bought the A5 someone at work has bought a white TTS. The bugger keeps parking it next to or near my car too grr rolleyes

But...

How about An A5 3.0 Tdi? or a 2.0 Tdi? smile

Re: Yet another what car........ - 22/12/2015 11:03

Originally Posted By: Barmybob
I will try and find the links to the sales brochures I found and send them on to you.

Thanks Bob, that'd be great,

Since I bought the A5 someone at work has bought a white TTS. The bugger keeps parking it next to or near my car too grr rolleyes

laugh

Re: Yet another what car........ - 22/12/2015 12:16

My advice.

I know the RCZ looks good, but do... not... buy....a.....Peugeot....

Simply based on the two woeful cars I've had (307 and 208). My 208 is in the dealers more than on my driveway. Makes Fiats and Alfa's look bullet proof. Just my honest opinion.

Re: Yet another what car........ - 22/12/2015 12:21

Originally Posted By: Gripped
My advice.

I know the RCZ looks good, but do... not... buy....a.....Peugeot....

Simply based on the two woeful cars I've had (307 and 208). My 208 is in the dealers more than on my driveway. Makes Fiats and Alfa's look bullet proof. Just my honest opinion.

Well................ My wife has a Pug 5008. Had it 4 years now, done 60k miles and it hasn't missed a beat. And I've also had a 306 and a 206 and didn't have an issue with either. Guess it's the luck of the draw.

I'd never class any of my 4 previous Fiats as bullet proof hehe

Re: Yet another what car........ - 22/12/2015 12:29

I know matey. I wondered if it was the two models I've had.

I think the older Pugs were better, my dad had two 306's and I know of a few 206s which have been fine.

The 307 ate a clutch every 10k, and the carpets were held in by gravity alone.

The 208 has been shocking. The overall build quality seems ok, but the suspension rattles, the clutch slips, and it's just come back from an engine pulley / tensioner failure which lunched the belts. A full day in the workshop.

Re: Yet another what car........ - 22/12/2015 16:49

Audi TT Brochure 2008

TT Brochure 2009

TT Brochure 2010

TT Brochure 2011

Posted By: JimO

Re: Yet another what car........ - 22/12/2015 21:50

Have you considered a 406 coupe or maybe a 206 gti?

Out of what you've suggested I would say the RCZ has the most draw, but ive never driven one so am only commenting on the looks.

My mum had a TT that I drove a lot, it was a snorefest taht sounded like it was farting when it changed gears.

However, you know me, I would never say no to the R26, or an RS250. Ive had the RS for 3 years now, its not put a foot wrong in that time smile

So some left field choices:

Fiat

Alfa

Clio

SEARCH OVER....

Re: Yet another what car........ - 22/12/2015 22:36

Subtle hint Bob. laugh

Re: Yet another what car........ - 23/12/2015 11:09

Subtle hint Bob. laugh

But the man asked for research M'lord hehe

Originally Posted By: bezzer
If I plump for a TT I'll be picking your brain about specs etc. as I know you've done the research.

The Audi's are a minefield. There are so many options that could easily add several thousand to the original sale price. Also from year to year certain options moved into different models (Sport / S-line & Black). It is nice to be aware of what was available and what spec came with what options in which year.

Having driven several TT's the only ones that won me over were the 3.2 (Sounds great) and the TTS. I am fairly sure the TTRS would too (5 Cylinder Turbo smile ) but I can't afford one of those just yet.

Re: Yet another what car........ - 24/12/2015 00:12

Originally Posted By: JimO

Agreed !! Would personally still hanker after a V6 though.

Oh, and my VIS has more bhp. cloud9 teacher

Re: Yet another what car........ - 24/12/2015 08:00

Thanks Bob, plenty to read and digest there!

Re: Yet another what car........ - 24/12/2015 08:10

Have you considered a 406 coupe or maybe a 206 gti?

Out of what you've suggested I would say the RCZ has the most draw, but ive never driven one so am only commenting on the looks.

My mum had a TT that I drove a lot, it was a snorefest taht sounded like it was farting when it changed gears.

However, you know me, I would never say no to the R26, or an RS250. Ive had the RS for 3 years now, its not put a foot wrong in that time smile

So some left field choices:

Fiat

Alfa

Clio

SEARCH OVER....

Jim, nice of you to post on this thread, feel very honored!

Thanks for the 206 and 406 reminders tongue In their own way, they were good cars. And like my wife's current Pug both were faultless.

Can't believe you've had the same car for 3 years!

I'm not keen on the 500 or the Mito but the Clio does appeal.

I drove the RCZ the other night. It was the 156bhp version and it didn't really give me that buzz. It looked gorgeous and being the GT spec it has plenty of goodies. I'm going to drive a 200bhp version in the new year.

BTW the GT looks fab. Unfortunately they're a bit too long in the tooth now.

Re: Yet another what car........ - 24/12/2015 14:54

Unfortunately they're a bit too long in the tooth now.

Have you looked in the mirror recently tongue

Re: Yet another what car........ - 24/12/2015 15:03

Unfortunately they're a bit too long in the tooth now.

Have you looked in the mirror recently tongue

irked censored

Re: Yet another what car........ - 24/12/2015 15:17

muwhahaha tongue

Right signing off for the year, look forward to seeing pics of your new clio soon cool

Re: Yet another what car........ - 25/12/2015 20:01

nice car the audi tts

Re: Yet another what car........ - 26/12/2015 23:01

Originally Posted By: abvc
nice car the audi tts

They do drive rather well. The magnetic ride offers the driver normal or sport suspension at the touch of a button and you really notice the difference, it even lowers the car! The car has tons of grip and it is quick too. It seemed quicker than the V6 TT's I've driven but sadly lacked the noise frown

I really did like the TTS

Re: Yet another what car........ - 28/12/2015 01:40

Have to say those RCZ's look good especially in the right colour combo with dark wheels. Yes they probably were after TT buyers but the rear double bubble screen looks good to me. For the money those Laguna Coupes have turned my head a couple of times as well............ Not sure I could actually go the whole hog and buy one but a good left-field.........

Re: Yet another what car........ - 08/01/2016 09:28

Well I've got myself into a complete tizz looking at a new car........

It all seemed so easy in the beginning but now my shortlist runs to 6 different cars!

I've test driven 9 cars so far. Traveled over 200 miles to view and drive and I'm still no closer to deciding.

Ho Hum.

Re: Yet another what car........ - 08/01/2016 09:32

Which one makes you feel good when in it? Forget about all the other stuff! Or, maybe none of them do ... keep looking in this case smile

Re: Yet another what car........ - 08/01/2016 10:06

Originally Posted By: patch234
Which one makes you feel good when in it? Forget about all the other stuff! Or, maybe none of them do ... keep looking in this case smile

The Subaru BRZ is a lovely place to be. Sub 4000rpm it pootles around town like an everyday saloon. Press the fun peddle and it's fantastic! Rear wheel drive too.

Fiesta ST-2 are well equipped, super cars to drive, quick, new ones very affordable, but a little dull to look at.....

RCZ with the 200bhp engine ticks nearly every box.

DS3 Dsport with the 155bhp has so much kit on it. Nice to drive and fairly quick. Because I can afford a new one of these, the colour combos can make it a bit different.

I won't mention the TT, VXR, A1 or Clio Renaultsport....

Re: Yet another what car........ - 08/01/2016 10:37

It's a tough decision. Out of the above, I'd probably go for the RCZ, I think that they have a cool look. Nicer than the TT IMO

Re: Yet another what car........ - 08/01/2016 10:46

If this had been the 200bhp model I'd have bought it nearly a month ago...

click to enlarge

Re: Yet another what car........ - 08/01/2016 12:04

So that's that sorted then ..... laugh

Re: Yet another what car........ - 08/01/2016 12:17

thumb Yep they are the wheels........

Re: Yet another what car........ - 08/01/2016 12:35

Trying to get that combo with the 200bhp is a bugger. I've seen that one and 3 others that were oil burners. Also a few around with the fully black wheels which I don't like.

Re: Yet another what car........ - 08/01/2016 12:47

Patience .... I feel that you have that virtue in abundance smile I was looking for my new coupe purchases for at least two years .... then three popped up I wanted to buy. There were many I ummmmm'd and ahhhh'd about, and this uming and ahing made me realise. No good for me....so I waited.
Posted By: Mark_S

Re: Yet another what car........ - 08/01/2016 12:54

Patience .... I feel that you have that virtue in abundance smile I was looking for my new coupe purchases for at least two years .... then three popped up I wanted to buy. There were many I ummmmm'd and ahhhh'd about, and this uming and ahing made me realise. No good for me....so I waited.

Wow 2 years Phil, you must be a professional Coupe "stalker" now tongue

Re: Yet another what car........ - 08/01/2016 13:04

I'm in no great rush. My bonus isn't due until March, but I made the mistake of looking a month ago. If the right car comes along I'll buy it, if not I'll keep looking.

And of course Bob didn't help matters with his ever expanding budget!

Re: Yet another what car........ - 08/01/2016 13:04

It's not just coupes' it's all cars. laugh I am addicted to looking at prices and watching how values change also.....You know, like the weird, obsessive type laugh

Anyway, lets not spoil bezzers thread. He's just about to make his mind up .... hahahahaha! Only joking bezzer wink

Re: Yet another what car........ - 08/01/2016 13:44

Must resist.....

click to enlarge

Re: Yet another what car........ - 08/01/2016 14:01

Just buy it, listen to your inner chimp!!

Re: Yet another what car........ - 08/01/2016 14:08

Originally Posted By: Big_Muzzie
Just buy it, listen to your inner chimp!!

Some would say inner chump!

Re: Yet another what car........ - 08/01/2016 14:17

I was referring to the chimp in the paradox, not you as a person!

Do it, if you want one get on with it. I did with the jag and don't regret it 1 bit.

Re: Yet another what car........ - 10/01/2016 15:20

That Subaru is sweet. My new steed regularly parks next to a blue one in the works car park, just this morning as a matter of fact.

Re: Yet another what car........ - 15/01/2016 16:31

Deposit put down. Pick car up on Tuesday afternoon.... woohoo

Re: Yet another what car........ - 15/01/2016 16:49

Roll on Tuesday afternoon smile Come on then...... driving confused biglaugh

Re: Yet another what car........ - 15/01/2016 18:34

Roll on Tuesday afternoon smile Come on then...... driving confused biglaugh

Well...... It wasn't on my original wish list but it has been mentioned in this thread.

I'll reveal it on Tuesday/Wednesday in all its Pearlescent beauty thumb

Re: Yet another what car........ - 15/01/2016 18:41

I'm intrigued...! Congratulations in any case, you seem as happy as Joe Root and that's the most important thing!

Re: Yet another what car........ - 15/01/2016 22:07

Originally Posted By: Jim_Clennell
I'm intrigued...! Congratulations in any case, you seem as happy as Joe Root and that's the most important thing!

Joe and I are as happy as.......

Tut Tut Mr C. Off topic again!

Re: Yet another what car........ - 16/01/2016 21:36

Good lad!
Get plenty of pics up - hope it's weather safe!

Re: Yet another what car........ - 16/01/2016 22:31

I'll reveal it on Tuesday/Wednesday in all its Pearlescent beauty thumb

Hmmm Pearlescent - Peugeot RCZ, Volvo C30, Fiat 500 Abarth and GT86 all come in pearl confused
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Yet another what car........ - 17/01/2016 01:30

So does an Alfa 147 GTA cool love laugh

Re: Yet another what car........ - 18/01/2016 09:35

Hmmm Pearlescent - Peugeot RCZ, Volvo C30, Fiat 500 Abarth and GT86 all come in pearl confused

It's one of those.......

Collection put back to Wednesday afternoon now.

Re: Yet another what car........ - 18/01/2016 09:41

Great, another night added for no sleep then laugh

Re: Yet another what car........ - 18/01/2016 12:24

Great, another night added for no sleep then laugh

Indeed!

Re: Yet another what car........ - 18/01/2016 21:40

I think we know which one it is.

hehe

ps, what's "A Bonus?" rolleyes
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Yet another what car........ - 18/01/2016 21:51

This, item 72. Courtesy of Emjay.

Re: Yet another what car........ - 19/01/2016 08:44

Originally Posted By: PeteP

This, item 72. Courtesy of Emjay.

Sadly many of those BINGO items rarely happen any more..... thank goodness for Jim and 72 laugh

But surely this thread has taken 88 too? BINGO smile

Re: Yet another what car........ - 19/01/2016 10:19

But surely this thread has taken 88 too? BINGO smile

To be fair, the car I've bought wasn't on my original list!

You sir, are partly to blame tongue

Re: Yet another what car........ - 19/01/2016 11:15

You're welcome...
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Yet another what car........ - 19/01/2016 11:44

Number 84 too.

Re: Yet another what car........ - 19/01/2016 17:49

Sad to say half the bingo events aren't going to happen ever again.....

Re: Yet another what car........ - 20/01/2016 18:43

..... Collection put back to Wednesday afternoon now.

Waiting coffee

Re: Yet another what car........ - 21/01/2016 07:06

..... Collection put back to Wednesday afternoon now.

Waiting coffee

Didn't get home until gone 6. Despite having sorted all the finances, insurance and PX details out prior to traveling down, it still took over 4 hours for me to get the keys irked

Later on I'll post up some pictures, small review and the reason I plumped for what I did......

Re: Yet another what car........ - 21/01/2016 07:19

All's well that ends well. Great, look forward to that smile and congratulations. Over here, and in Turkey, when someone gets a new car then someone should give them one of these for good luck.

So here you are...

click to enlarge
Posted By: H_R

Re: Yet another what car........ - 21/01/2016 07:28

The evil eye! i have a few of them lying around! lol

Re: Yet another what car........ - 21/01/2016 08:12

The suspense is killing me.

Re: Yet another what car........ - 21/01/2016 08:58

All's well that ends well. Great, look forward to that smile and congratulations. Over here, and in Turkey, when someone gets a new car then someone should give them one of these for good luck.

So here you are...

click to enlarge

Thanks Phil. We have a couple of Turkish eyes in our garden blush

click to enlarge

Car is still frosted up, when it clears I'll take some pictures. Looks must nicer without Jack Frost all over it.....

Re: Yet another what car........ - 21/01/2016 08:58

I have a feeling you may be a little disappointed............

Re: Yet another what car........ - 21/01/2016 09:52

If it's pearly white then frost won't make it look much different?

Re: Yet another what car........ - 21/01/2016 09:54

Originally Posted By: DaveG
If it's pearly white then frost won't make it look much different?

tongue
Posted By: andyps

Re: Yet another what car........ - 21/01/2016 13:11

Has the frost not melted yet?

Re: Yet another what car........ - 21/01/2016 13:15

I have a feeling you may be a little disappointed............

I am now writing this from beyond the grave. So to say I am disappointed is an understatement. cloud9

Re: Yet another what car........ - 21/01/2016 13:40

Ok I've managed to take a couple of pictures. It needs a clean already! Got to go into work now so will do a proper write up tomorrow. Needless to say, I'm rather pleased with it so far .....

click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge

Re: Yet another what car........ - 21/01/2016 13:53

Very nice Bezzer! Super, Cox Guzel, lovely mate. Congrats - Spec?

Re: Yet another what car........ - 21/01/2016 14:24

It's white, and not covered in frost tongue
Posted By: mr_tickle

Re: Yet another what car........ - 21/01/2016 14:27

Every time I see one of these, the roof always reminds me of that coupe headlight bottom shape.

Re: Yet another what car........ - 21/01/2016 14:33

Nice, bezzer! Spec?

Re: Yet another what car........ - 21/01/2016 15:39

Perfect women's car! laugh

Re: Yet another what car........ - 21/01/2016 16:09

Originally Posted By: proccy

Lol

Re: Yet another what car........ - 21/01/2016 16:21

That looks smashing, I knew you'd fallen for them thumb

It has a completely different front end to the 62 one you were looking at before. I think I prefer this front end over the other cool
Posted By: H_R

Re: Yet another what car........ - 21/01/2016 16:26

Originally Posted By: mr_tickle
Every time I see one of these, the roof always reminds me of that coupe headlight bottom shape.

Obviously Mr's Bangle a bit older now! biglaugh

Re: Yet another what car........ - 21/01/2016 16:29

If this had been the 200bhp model I'd have bought it nearly a month ago...

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Re: Yet another what car........ - 21/01/2016 16:30

Originally Posted By: H_R
Originally Posted By: mr_tickle

Obviously Mr's Bangle a bit older now! biglaugh

In Turin Mr Bangle said the inspiration was BOOBS not BUM shocked

Re: Yet another what car........ - 21/01/2016 19:13

Well, I knew it would be the Pug.
laugh

The front end is definitely nicer on yours.

Good luck. Hope you get on well with it.

Re: Yet another what car........ - 22/01/2016 08:49

Ok time for a bit more detail. As you can see it's a 63 plate. 1 previous owner and it has 20k miles on it. I can honestly say there isn't a mark on the bodywork or the interior.

There are 3 engines available on the RCZ, 2 petrol and a diesel. The petrol ones are 1.6 turbos kicking out 156bhp and 197bhp. The Diesel is a 2 litre HDi pushing out 163bhp.

I drove all 3 of them and straight away decided against the 156bhp one. It reminded me of my old ST170, lots of engine noise but lacking in guts. The 197bhp was a lot better and felt pretty swift off the mark but did lack the mid range punch. The diesel was fairly quick off the mark and the mid range was fantastic. Turbo kicks in below 3k revs and with 251lb/ft of torque it felt like the 20VT 3rd gear smile

In the end I plumped for the oil burner. I decided against the 197 petrol as that model has 'up rated' suspension which made the ride really harsh and crashy. I didn't like the drive in it at all.

It's the GT spec so gets electric heated seats, full leather interior (seats, dash, doorcards etc), 19" alloys, front and rear parking sensors, auto lights and washers, hill start assist, cruise control, folding mirrors, blah blah blah...

It hasn't got the wheels I want (the ones in the picture Bob posted above) but I've ordered some. I'll put winter tyres on the current ones and run the black ones in the summer.

I've only done 100 miles in it and I love it already. We even managed to fit 2 teenagers in the rear seats!

Weather permitting, I'll give it a clean at the weekend and take a couple of decent pictures.

Proccy, you'll be pleased to know there's ample storage space for the hairdryer, tongs, straighteners and scissors tongue

BTW, I've christened her Oscar....

Re: Yet another what car........ - 22/01/2016 09:45

Nice. Remap?!

Re: Yet another what car........ - 22/01/2016 10:01

Seems a few on the RCZ forum have had theirs remapped by Quantum Tuning. Claimed the map increases bhp from 163 to 196 and the torque from (NM) 342 to 402.

I might consider it after I've paid for the new alloys.
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Yet another what car........ - 22/01/2016 10:28

Nice buy Bezzer. I see a few about over here among the 2cv,s.

There is one though that comes to a few track meets. And it's a beast it leaves my coupe behind all over the track.
I will check it out when I get the chance.

Re: Yet another what car........ - 22/01/2016 16:12

Good shout on the wheels, I too like those on the earlier car. I also can't believe I am going to say this but good call on the Diesel too.

I have always been a petrol head and felt diesel was for trucks, vans and those that needed the economy. But having now played with some of the modern "performance" diesels I have seen the light. The zero effort torque is often alarming and although I do enjoy the high rev power surge and noise of a petrol the low down low fuss torque of Diesel is addictive.

Re: Yet another what car........ - 22/01/2016 17:41

I checked out a few vids on Youtube; definitely a nice car you've bagged there. As with BB I agree about the diesel being a good call, I would have gone for that too. More bang per buck and very tune-able. Always good to get chipped once you are used to the car and feel like it's time for more power smile

The only thing I dislike about diesels is the sudden drop off at the end of the power band, it's like they just stop? But keep away from this and it's ride the torque time!

We need more pics, come on, we've been riding this one with you! wink

Re: Yet another what car........ - 22/01/2016 18:55

The technology of diesels is so good these days that petrol cars find it hard to compete. As said above, the low down shove makes you feel like you could stop the earth rotating.

As for the revs, our Giulietta JTDM-2 likes to rev and doesn't seem to tail off suddenly like others I've driven. Much more akin to a petrol.

The real world performance feels more like a big petrol, yet the mpg is far more friendly on the pocket. laugh

Re: Yet another what car........ - 22/01/2016 19:31

Oh no, an oil burner in a sports body... ooo cry

TT TDI.. hurl

Re: Yet another what car........ - 25/01/2016 08:51

Originally Posted By: Big_Muzzie
Oh no, an oil burner in a sports body... ooo

I get the best of all 3 worlds. Looks, performance (yes it performs well enough for me) and great economy wink
Posted By: came2dance

Re: Yet another what car........ - 25/01/2016 10:25

Yeah but where's he going to find a perfect woman tongue

Nice car though Bezzer reminds me of the bat mobile (the first one) from the back.

Re: Yet another what car........ - 29/01/2016 08:36

And now for the detailed review ....... God!!! Come on man!

Re: Yet another what car........ - 29/01/2016 09:16

And now for the detailed review ....... God!!! Come on man!

tongue

This weekend it's going to get a lot of TLC. I'll post up better pictures and a detailed review!

But.......... I love it!!!

Re: Yet another what car........ - 05/02/2016 10:54

Arty Farty -

click to enlarge

Re: Yet another what car........ - 05/02/2016 12:12

In bezzer's head Arty Farty = Picture of car by wheely bin- with a little sun glare on the camera lens tongue

Re: Yet another what car........ - 05/02/2016 12:36

In bezzer's head Arty Farty = Picture of car by wheely bin- with a little sun glare on the camera lens tongue

laugh

It was the glare that made it arty farty tongue

Re: Yet another what car........ - 05/02/2016 13:53

laugh

The bin doubled the appeal of the car! laugh

Re: Yet another what car........ - 05/02/2016 14:25

laugh

The bin doubled the appeal of the car! laugh

censored punch
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK