Fiat Coupe Club UK

Hagerty renewal

Posted By: Rosso

Hagerty renewal - 24/06/2023 13:12

Happy to be a returning customer today with Hagerty. The coupe insured now for another year with peace of mind of agreed value and included full European breakdown cover for upcoming Italian Road Trip.

And all for just over £270 for the yellow coupe. Garaged, 3000miles, cosmetic mods

I have noticed one thing over the years when chatting with Hagerty over the phone... well they seem less chatty about the cars maybe it's just me but none the less of its all straight forward..
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Hagerty renewal - 24/06/2023 16:21

That sounds pretty fair Brian thumb
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Hagerty renewal - 24/06/2023 21:36

Hagerty didn't bother to call me back, after I had asked them to quote for multi car cover for the Coupe and the X1/9, so I went back to Lancaster who covered them both, total agreed value £13000, for £306.

3000 miles on the Coupe and 1500 on the x1/9, UK recovery included.
Posted By: Rosso

Re: Hagerty renewal - 26/06/2023 10:58

I might have had a different experience Pete but sounds like you've got a very good deal. It was about 2 weeks for Lancaster to send over agreed form. I would say I'm happy with both Hagerty and Lancaster both being quite good with corresponding. But I'm now back with Hagerty they just gave us the better deal.
Posted By: Master_Mariner

Re: Hagerty renewal - 04/08/2023 10:47

Just renewed with Hagerty,

Agreed value £10k. 5k miles a year (currently not needing anywhere like this...but who knows?) EU/UK/Track, recovery and legal assistance. £316.

On a plus side- there new system had lost track that I was a member of the club- so the price fell.

On the negative side- what a faff getting through. I spent a LONG time on two seperate days on hold -finally buckling and using their auto call back facility- which you ONLY can select after waiting in line for 10-12 minutes. I explained to them that THE reason i used them to start with is that you could pick up the phone, and speak to someone-an actually human, who may have the slightest idea about the car, and owning a modern classic.

They promise to do better. They need to. Charlie has not been such an angel this year.....

Modern customer service.....I think its basically dead in UK if your not plugged in to a mobile phone 24hrs a day.

Regards

MM
Posted By: Andrew20V

Re: Hagerty renewal - 04/08/2023 12:59

Conversely I found ClassicLine easy and straightforward.

Re: Hagerty renewal - 22/08/2023 11:38

Just a shame they don't realise the value of the cars. While Hagerty's Guide has my car at £7500 CL has only let me have an agreed value of £3500. I did ask for £5000 which I thought quite reasonable.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Hagerty renewal - 22/08/2023 12:37

Originally Posted by Andrew20V
JCL has only let me have an agreed value of £3500. I did ask for £5000 which I thought quite reasonable.

JCL's quote is pretty mean imho, many other companies seem to value our cars far more these days.

Re: Hagerty renewal - 22/08/2023 17:26

I've contacted them to tell them I was extremely disappointed with the valuation given Hagerty's Guide value. This was the response.

"We have referred to the valuer and have been advised that Hagerty's guide does not take into account the current mileage of a vehicle.

If you would like to contact the Owners Club and obtain a club valuation we would be happy to adjust this is necessary."

Is there anyone in the club who does valuations?
Posted By: Burty

Re: Hagerty renewal - 30/10/2023 17:59

I insured our 1999 MX5 Mk2 Sport (uber rare) with Hagerty last year and easily got £5000 agreed value but their renewal price last week was way too high so I contacted broker A-Plan who were very good last year for our 20VT Coop (agreed value £8000) and RS4. I'm hoping this relationship is going to be a long and fruitful one.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK